Chapter 10

It was an exciting day for the graduating class in the academy. It was time to be assigned to a team and try to become ninja. Naruto, though, still overslept and was rushing to the academy, hoping he would get there in time. Meanwhile, his friends were beginning to lose patience, more specifically, Sasuke. "Where the hell is that idiot?" "You know how Naruto is Sasuke-kun. He's late every day." Sakura said. "He shouldn't be late today of all days. He was talking about how important today was and he's still late." Sasuke scowled. "I'm sure he'll be here soon." As soon as Hinata said these words, Naruto burst through the door. Naruto went up to his friends and greeted them. "Hey guys!" "Hi Naruto-kun." "Morning Naruto." "You're late dobe." Naruto frowned. "I know I'm late teme. I overslept." "Again." The boys glared at each other while the girls shook their heads. "Alright pay attention everyone!" Iruka-sensei yelled. He cleared his throat and announced that they would start the graduation exams. After they were done, Iruka assigned them to their teams. "I hope we all get put on the same team." Naruto said. "Naruto-kun, the teams are 3-man teams. One of us is going to be on another team." Hinata said slightly sad. Iruka started announcing the Team 7 members. "Naruto Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno, and Sasuke Uchiha." The three members were happy that they were on a team with friends, but sad that their other friend wasn't with them. "Sorry Hinata-chan." Naruto apologized. Hinata smiled and said it was ok. "Team 8 members: Kiba Inuzuka, Hinata Hyuga, and Shino Aburame." Hinata looked at her new teammates and gave them a small smile. Iruka announced Team 9 and then started on Team 10. "Shikamaru Nara, Ino Yamanaka, and Choji Akimichi." All the team members got together and went to meet their senseis.
~~~~~~~~~~With Team 7~~~~~~~~~~~
"WHERE IS THIS GUY?!?!" Naruto yelled angrily. "Will you calm down Naruto? I'm sure there's a reason for him to be late." Sakura reasoned. "Yea dobe just si- What are you doing?" Naruto was currently putting an eraser on top of the door. "Pranking our sensei of course." Naruto answered grinning. "Dobe this guy is a jonin. He's not gonna fall for a prank like that." "Just wait and see teme." A few minutes later, a silver haired man walked through the door and the eraser fell on his head. "HAHAHAHAHA!!! HE FELL FOR IT!!" Naruto laughed hysterically. Sasuke and Sakura were gaping at the older man in disbelief. The jonin calmly took the eraser off his head and said "I already don't like you three." The three kids looked shocked. "Now let's go." The kids followed their new sensei to the roof and they started talking. "I want you to tell me your name, your likes and dislikes, dreams in life, and your hobbies." "Why don't you start sensei?" Sakura asked. "Alright. I'm Kakashi Hatake. I don't want to tell my likes and dislikes. My dreams....hmm. As for hobbies, I have a lot." "He just told us his name!" The kids thought together. "Now your turn." Kakashi said pointing to Naruto. "Alright! My name is Naruto Uzumaki! I like ramen and hanging out with my friends! I dislike the wait time for ramen to warm up and any one messing with my friends! My hobby is pulling pranks! My goal in life is to become the hokage! Then the whole village will acknowledge me!" Sasuke and Sakura smiled at Naruto, believing he will reach his goal. "Oh and to help teme with part of his goal." Naruto said grinning widely. Sasuke looked shocked and Sakura smiled bigger. "Next." Sakura went next. "My name is Sakura Haruno. I like being with my friends. I dislike bullying. My hobbies are reading medical ninjutsu books and scrolls and helping Sasuke-kun take care of his cat Midnight. My goals are to become a medic nin, start a family, and to help Sasuke-kun with his goals." Sakura finished leaving Sasuke dumbstruck. "Last one." After Sasuke got over his shock, he began. My name is Sasuke Uchiha. I like my friends. I dislike anyone who tries to hurt them. My hobbies are training and taking care of Midnight. My goals in life are to kill a certain man and to rebuild my clan." "I'm sure Sakura-chan would love to help with that last goal teme." Naruto said cheekily. Sakura blushed heavily and punched Naruto on his head. "P-pervert!!!" While Sakura scolded Naruto, Sasuke was blushing lightly and thinking about what Naruto said. Kakashi chuckled and told them to meet him the next day at 5am at training ground 3. "Remember do not eat breakfast." Once he said that, he disappeared in a puff of smoke. The three friends went to eat at Ichiraku's and wait for Hinata. "I wonder why we can't eat breakfast tomorrow." Sakura pondered. "I don't know but I'm going to be starving!" Naruto complained. Sasuke shook his head at his friend's whining. Just then, Hinata ran up to them. "Hey guys!" "Hey Hinata-chan!" "Hey Hina!" "Hey Hinata." "Who is your sensei Hinata-chan?" "Kurenai Yuhi. What about you?" "Kakashi Hatake" "How are your teammates? They weren't mean to you right?" Naruto asked. Hinata giggled. "No. They're really nice and Akamaru is adorable." "Who's Akamaru?" "Kiba-kun's dog." "Oh" The four friends finished eating and went to their secret place to talk and train before going home to get some sleep.
~~~~~~~~The next day at 5am~~~~~~~ Three sleepy figures walked to the third traning ground. The one in orange yawned loudly and proceeded to sit under the nearest tree and fall back asleep. The other two talked trying to wake each other up. "Did you mean what you said yesterday?" Sasuke asked. Sakura yawned. "About what?" "Helping me with my goals." Sakura's brain finally caught up to what he was saying. Sakura blushed brightly. "O-oh t-that. Y-yea I did." Sakura couldn't meet his eyes and stared at the ground. "Oh good." Sasuke blushed lightly as he said this. Sakura's face was as red as a tomato. Sasuke coughed lightly to get rid of the awkward atmosphere. "Do you want to spar while we wait for Kakashi?" "Sure."
~~~~~~~~~Two hours later~~~~~~~~
Sasuke and Sakura were panting heavily as Sasuke pinned Sakura to a tree with a kunai to her neck. "Got you." Sasuke said quietly. As soon as he said that, Kakashi arrived and the two sprang apart. Kakashi raised an eyebrow but didn't question it. "All right. Is everyone ready to start?" "Hang on." Sasuke kicked Naruto in his stomach to wake him up. "OW! TEME!!!" Naruto yelled in pain. "Get up dobe. Kakashi is here." Sasuke replied. With all of his students paying attention, Kakashi explained the bell test. "You guys have to get these bells from me." "But sensei, there are only two bells. There are three of us. How are we all going to get a bell?" Sakura asked confused. "Simple. One of you won't get one. That person will get sent back to the academy. The three students looked at him in disbelief. After all of their hardwork one of them doesn't get to be a ninja. "But sensei, that's not fair!" Sakura protested. "We all worked hard to get here together and now you tell us one of us can't make it! Kakashi shrugged. "You have an hour to get the bells. Go!" With that, the test began.