Chapter 8

~A few months later~

In the few months that the kids have been in school, they have gotten closer than ever. Sakura and Hinata have spent the night at each other's houses and are like sisters. Sasuke and Naruto are the same way, though they mostly stay at Sasuke's house. They all go to their place after school before going to Sasuke's house to see his mother. They have all changed in some way as well. Hinata is a little more confident and doesn't stutter as much. Naruto is a little calmer from being around Hinata, though he can still be loud and pull pranks. Sakura is more confident and doesn't let her classmates bully her. Sasuke is more open with his friends and smiles more, mostly around Sakura though. Everything was peaceful and the kids were very happy. That peace didn't last long though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The kids walked out of the academy after a long day of learning. "Are you guys coming over today?" Sasuke asked. "No. I got called to the hokage." Naruto answered grinning. "NARUTO!" Sakura and Hinata exclaimed. "What did you do dobe?" "I might have painted the Hokage Monument." "Idiot" Sasuke mumbled. "Naruto-kun you shouldn't be pulling pranks like that." Hinata scolded. "Eh? But its fun Hinata-chan!" Naruto whined. The others just shook their heads. "I can't come either Sasuke-kun. My mom wants me to help clean up and cook tonight." Sakura said. "I can't either Sasuke-kun. Father wants me home early today." Hinata said. "That's fine. I'll tell mom you guys couldn't come today." Sasuke said. "Bye!" They all said and parted ways. On his way home, Sasuke felt as if something bad was going to happen. "What's going on? I better get home. Maybe this feeling will go away" He started to run home, unaware of the tragedy that is happening. Once he got home, Sasuke knew that something was wrong. It was quiet and, from his prospective, darker. He quietly walked through the compound looking for his clan. He froze when he saw the blood on the walls and ground. Sasuke ran to his family's part of the compound, hoping to reach his family before it was too late. When he got there, he saw his big brother with a katana ,dripping with blood, surrounded by the dead bodies of their clan. Sasuke stared wide-eyed at his brother, the man that he looked up to. "Itachi-nii!! What's going on?! Why did you do this?!?" Sasuke screamed. Itachi just stared at Sasuke. "Answer me!!!" Sasuke yelled with tears streaming down his face. "Sasuke" Itachi said. He looked strained, like he couldn't bear to look at his brother. "Ita-" Sasuke started. Itachi appeared behind him. "Sasuke. I will spare you now, but in time I want to see you stronger. You are too weak now. Find me if you wish to avenge this clan." With that, Itachi Uchiha disappeared. Sasuke fell to his knees and cried his eyes out. After a while, he couldn't bear the smell of the blood and ran to the one place that gave him comfort.

Meanwhile at the Haruno household, Sakura was helping her father set the table while her mother finished dinner. All of a sudden, she felt cold, like she knew someone was killed. Coincidentally, it started to rain. "Wow, it's really pouring down out there. I didn't think it was going to rain today." Sakura's father, Kizashi, commented. Sakura looked outside and her bad feeling increased. Sakura, without thinking, ran outside in the pouring rain to their secret place. "Sakura!" Her parents yelled. Sakura tuned them out and ran as fast as she could, despite her legs begging her to stop. At the Hyuga compound, Hinata was facing a similar situation except she and Neji were sparing. Hinata got a bad feeling quite like Sakura and knew that she needed to leave. "Hinata-sama! Focus!" Neji said frustrated. I-I'm sorry Neji-nii-san, but I need to go!" Hinata ran past her cousin, ignoring his cries. She ran to their secret place too. She knew that was where she was needed. Unlike the girls, Naruto was already in the street when it started to rain. He was going home after getting scolded by the Hokage and Iruka. "It's not fair. It was just a prank. It's not like I hurt anyone." As he thought these words, a dark feeling hit him. "Woah. Why did I just start getting depressed? Something must have happened." Feeling that he could figure it out, he ran to their secret place to think.

Sasuke arrived first, tears still running down his face. He sat down by a tree and thought of what he just saw. His brother killed their clan. Sasuke still can't believe it. He never would have thought that the brother he loved, looked up to, and wanted to be like, would do something like this. As he contemplated this, he heard footsteps. Flashes of pink, indigo, and yellow stopped in front of him. "Sasuke-kun?" Sakura said carefully. "Why are you crying?" Hinata asked gently. Sasuke explained, though he paused a few times to sniffle. By the time he was finished, all of them were crying and hugging. The young children sat in the pouring rain,  comforting each other, caring about nothing but their friend, who has suffered a great loss.