Chapter 11

I am SO sorry about the delay! Life and school kills me!! Hopefully I can get more done and not have a year long gap between my chapters. Well please enjoy this chapter. I'll try to do better on the next one

As soon as Kakashi spoke, the three 12-year olds went into hiding. "The most important thing for a shinobi to do is to be able to hide yourself" Kakashi thought. "They did really well. Maybe they actually have some potential." Meanwhile, in the treetops, the three friends were discussing strategies on how to get the bells. "I say we just charge at him at the same time. There's no way he can concentrate on all of us going at him." Naruto suggested. "We can't just attack him straight on Naruto." Sakura said exasperatedly. "This guy is a jonin, no matter how much he doesn't act like it. We wouldn't be able to get near the bells." Sasuke said equally annoyed. "WELL WHAT DO WE DO THEN?!" Naruto yelled. "Shut up you idiot! Do you want us to get caught?!" Sakura scolded. Sasuke sighed as his friends continued to argue. Kakashi sat in the tree above them, watching in amusement. Finally, the two hot-heads calmed down and three discussed plans. Sasuke decided on a plan that gave Naruto what he wanted without being sloppy about it. Sakura put the final touches on the plan and they put it into action.

*(Sorry if my fight scene isn't that great)* Naruto went to find Kakashi and attacked him with a barrage of shadow clones. Kakashi dodged with ease and promptly destroyed Naruto's clones. Naruto was unfazed, as he knew this would happen, and conjured more clones and signaled for Sakura to come out to help. Sakura previously laid out traps and was now guiding their sensei towards said traps. Kakashi's keen eyesight, however, caught what she was doing and avoided her smartly laid traps. The kids were getting frustrated but Sasuke still had to do his part. Sasuke came out of hiding and used his clan's specialty. "Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu!" Kakashi was shocked that a genin-level student could accomplish a jutsu like this, so much so that Sasuke could get close enough to graze a bell. Kakashi retreated before Sasuke could fully grab the bell. "Damn!" The kids retreated into the treetops to think of a new plan. Kakashi smiled as he watched them. "They picked up on this exercise pretty quick." "Now what?!" Naruto said irritably. Before anyone could attempt to come up with a new plan, the timer went off. "No!" The three genin thought.

The kids went to sit in front of the stumps defeated. "This sucks! We were close!" Naruto complained. "Not really. Sasuke barely grazed the bell." Sakura pointed out. "I thought we had a solid plan though." Sasuke grumbled. "It was very well planed out." Kakashi complimented. "And I am proud to say...you passed!" Kakashi grinned. His students' jaws dropped as his words processed in their minds. "How? We didn't get a bell?" Naruto asked. "You didn't get the bell, but what did you do during this exercise?" Kakashi asked patiently. "Worked together! We just had to use teamwork?" Sakura asked. "Correct! Let me tell you a quote I live by. Hopefully you will live by this as well. "In the ninja world, those who break the rules are scum, that's true, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum!" Kakashi basked in the awed looks from his students. The three friends then smiled. Well you don't have to worry about us abandoning each other. "We could never do that right guys?" Naruto assured. "Right!" The two agreed. "Good. Welcome to the life of a ninja Team 7." Kakashi proudly stated. "YES! WE DID IT! WE'RE NINJAS!!" Naruto shouted. Sasuke and Sakura laughed and cheered with him. "Ne, Kakashi-sensei how about we go celebrate?" Sakura suggested. "Sure." Kakashi answered. "Great you can pay." Sakura grinned sneakily. "Wait what?!" Kakashi questioned as he was dragged to Ichiraku's by his genin. "Yeah! Kakashi-sensei's paying!" Naruto exclaimed as he drooled thinking of his precious ramen. "Keep your drool to yourself idiot!" Sasuke glared, which started a shouting match between the boys. Sakura ended up jumping in to stop the boys from killing each other. Kakashi shook his head and smiled. It definitely won't be boring with these three around.