Chapter Eight

Back in the present, Vivi was watching her friend crying over the loss of her brother. She felt anger at everything, Sir Crocodile, the drought... the Rebellion. She wanted it all to stop and she will stop it, for her people, her father and her friend.
"(Y/n), sir Toto..." The two looked at Vivi as the pirates talked among themselves.
"I... I will stop the rebellion. Alabasta will get its old shine again. I promise, and Koza will get onto the right track, too. Don't worry."
Toto and (Y/n) looked at the princess for a moment before smiling up at her.
"We know you will..."
"You are a people's princess, Vivi."
The blue-haired girl's eyes widened at the title (Y/n) gave her, but she nodded her head gratefully.

"Wow! This inn is so nice! And the mattress is very soft, too." Nami commented at Vivi, who nodded her head in agreement. (Y/n) smiled at the two then jumped up when she heard Zoro's yelling.
"You slept the whole day!" The green-haired swordsman yelled, throwing a pillow at Usopp, waking him up in the process.
"That's not fair! I passed out from the heat! And you are not someone to talk on that, Zoro!" Usopp threw a pillow back at the man as Chopper tried to calm them down.

"And you took the prize for passing out!" Usopp added, throwing another pillow at the reindeer.
"I am adapted to the cold!" The animal argued back, causing a small pillow fight between the three. (Y/n) giggled at their behavior and turned to lay in her bed, only to find it occupied already.
"Sanji... did you mistake the beds or?" She asked awkwardly as the blonde took her hand in his.
"I just thought you might want some company while sleeping, sweetheart."
The cook kissed (Y/n)'s hand, drawing some attention to them in the process.

"What are you trying to pull?!" Usopp yelled as Zoro pulled (Y/n) out of Sanji's hold.
"Get up from there."
"Good God..."
Nami groaned as she went to get (Y/n) to where they were as the boys fought.

While the night went on and the group was asleep, Toto continued digging up for water, determined to not let Yuba fall. At the Rainbase though, a sinister meeting was happening between the higher-ups of the Baroque Works. The members were surprised to see that Crocodile was already there, but said nothing as Ms. All Sunday greeted them.
"So, why exactly are we here?" A blue-haired woman asked, looking nervously at Sir Crocodile and then at Ms. All Sunday.

"We are here to discuss the ultimate plan of the Baroque Works..." Crocodile started talking as he turned to look at the members who were there.
"It's time for Project Utopia to start."
"One question is still unanswered to me, and that is what exactly you have to gain from this? Money?" Ms. Doublefinger questioned the Warlord, who just shook his head.
"No, money and status is none of my interest, I have those things already." Crocodile spoke as he lit up his cigar, the others looking at each other in confusion.

"I want military might. I want to destroy this kingdom, and we are very close to this point. Especially with the rebellion being at its peak." The room was quiet for a while, then Mr. 4 spoke up.
"That's it? All of this for the kingdom to be destroyed?"
"No just that. We are here to get someone before leaving. If Alabasta is destroyed, she will have nothing to look for as a moral compass, and thus it will be easier to get her to do as I say." Sir Crocodile explained, confusing everyone except Mr. 2 and Ms. All Sunday, both aware of who he was talking about.

"You mean to tell me you still didn't give up on that Posion girl? I thought you would kill her too." Mr. 2 asked as the Warlord chuckled a little.
"Don't be stupid. She has way too much value with all the research she did on diseases and poison. Imagine all the terror I could spread with those formulas."
"Who are we talking about?" Came the question from Ms. Merry Christmas.

"You probably heard of that attack one of our bases suffered. Where dozens or so died from poisoning?" The black-haired woman asked the group, who slowly nodded their heads.
"Well, she was behind it. (Y/n), the co-leader of the Rebel Army did that, she is now allied with princess Vivi and Straw Hat Luffy."