Chapter Ten

"Get that girl! Crocodile will kill us if we don't bring her to him!" The shouting caught Pell's attention and he glared down at the Baroque members, then went to shield (Y/n) from their sight.
"You will have a lot of explaining to king Cobra after this." The guard chuckled as he saw her roll his eyes.
"Yeah yeah I know. Was Chaka a pain in the neck again?" (Y/n) wondered, more used to the other guard scolding her than Pell or Cobra himself.

"Kinda... but let me deal with them first. Can't have you kidnapped."
(Y/n)'s cheeks turned red as the guard sent her a wink, then turned into his falcon form to attack the Baroque members.
"You all are lucky to see this. Only 5 flying devil fruits are known to exist. Tweet Tweet fruit: Falcon type." The guard announced as the men backed away from the building in terror.
'Pell will handle it. He is Alabasta's strongest soldier and our guardian deity for a reason.' She watched in amazement as he took the men out one by one.
"I am saved... but I still need to look for my brother... And I need to look for the others too."

(Y/n) said to herself, her ease soon turning into terror as she felt a very familiar presence behind her.
"Not... not you again." She gulped and turned to look at the black-haired woman, who in return was smiling at her.
"I see your cute face is alright. And since you are looking for your friends, I will be kind enough to escort you there."
(Y/n) got up from her seat and backed away as Ms. All Sunday approached her.

"What... How do you know where my friends are?!" (Y/n) questioned, catching Pell's attention, looking up at the roof.
"Isn't that...the vice president?"
"What is she doing here?" Two of the half-conscious men asked as the guard's heart started racing in fear.
"My my...I never saw a flying man. He is pretty strong, but is he stronger than I am?" Ms. All Sunday taunted, turning her attention to Pell as (Y/n) sent her a glare.

"What do you know about them? What... what did you do to them?!" The girl asked, blocking her view from Pell as the taller laughed.
"(Y/n) is... is she the one who wants to hurt our people, and the royal family?!" Pell called out as the girl sent him a small nod.
"Well not her alone!" She yelled back, causing the woman to laugh.
"Hey guard, I am taking your friend with me for a little chit-chat. Hopefully, we won't have to leave you half-dead in the desert again."
Ms. All Sunday laughed as (Y/n) clenched her fists, terror and anger filling up her body as she remembered the time.

Pell's eyes widened for a moment, looking between (Y/n) and the woman.
"What...what do you mean?"
"She didn't tell ya?" The woman asked in amusement.
"Shut up! Nothing happened-"
"(Y/n) here might be annoying with some of her shenanigans, but she is extremely loyal. All the torture she went through for weeks and she never once said anything about the royal family." The black-haired woman laughed, patting (Y/n)'s head.

"What?!" Pell clenched his fists as he heard that, looking at (Y/n) as she nodded her head in confirmation.
"She is quite strong-willed, but with a little bit of time we will turn her into a perfect Baroque Works addition. Clever and loyal."
The guard's blood boiled as he turned back into his falcon form, aiming his next attack at All Sunday.
"I am not letting that happen!" He exclaimed.
"Pell, don't!" (Y/n) shouted out as the woman next to her took use of her devil fruit abilities, making hands appear on the falcon's body.

"What even..." He muttered.
"No! Butterfly kaleidoscope!" (Y/n) quickly used her devil fruit. She watched as Pell's body turned into a butterfly swarm, commanding them to land in a safer corner of the building.
"Impressive, I didn't think you would try to stand up to me again." (Y/n) turned to look at the amused woman, who grabbed her face.
"Very cute. But now we need to go." All Sunday said, moving her face closer to (Y/n)'s.
"Move away from her, you witch." Pell commanded as soon as his body turned normal again.
"Or we can try it the hard way, you decide."