Chapter Sixteen

"So Luffy is fighting Crocodile, we should go and search for that bomb. Vivi, you said that it will be set off near the square?" (Y/n) questioned her friend, ignoring some of the weird stares the pirates were sending her and Pell.
'What the hell I wrong with them?' She thought, shaking her head as Vivi spoke up.
"Yes. I am sure that whoever will set off the bomb, is near the square."
"What makes you think that? Didn't you say that the bomb has a 3 miles diameter?" Usopp questioned as (Y/n) thought it over silently, her heart racing as she remembered they only had 10 minutes left to save Alubarna.

"What do you think? Where could the bomb be?" Pell asked (Y/n), who thought about it more as the others talked among themselves.
"Let's look through the square. I have a feeling Vivi is right about this one."
The said princess looked gratefully at her.
"But if the person who will set it off us so close... wouldn't they blow themselves up too?!" Usopp exclaimed as Nami sighed.
"So he would stoop so low after all?"
"What else do you think a man like Crocodile would do? He is a rat, a cowardly rat." (Y/n) glared at the ground, then stiffened up along with Pell when they saw someone approach Vivi in the sandstorm.

"Vivi!" (Y/n) yelled, tugging her by her clothes and pulling her down to shield her from the sword, meanwhile Zoro blocked the said item while Sanji kicked the man in the face.
"Baroque Works!" The (h/c) girl exclaimed while Pell pulled the two behind him.
"What luck! Both the princess and her peasant friend are here!" The leader of the group exclaimed.
"Who are you calling a peasant?!" Sanji exclaimed, getting ready to fight them with Zoro.
"You guys go ahead, we will be done with this here soon."

"Go and look for the bomb." Zoro and Sanji said, just getting nods of agreement to their suggestions.
"Stay safe you two." Pell said as he and Vivi ran in one of the directions that lead to the square.
"Usopp! You are coming with me!" (Y/n) grabbed the sniper's hand, pulling him along.
"Hurry up! We don't have a lot of time left!" Nami warned the two combatants, running off with Chopper.

"(Y/n), do you have any idea where Crocodile could have put that thing?!" Usopp exclaimed in panic, looking around the shops and buildings. (Y/n) bit her lip, trying not to show how nervous she actually was, as Usopp alone was enough for her right now.
'Where could he have put it?! A bomb of such a diameter has to be a big one...'
Sighing in desperation, (Y/n) stopped running and started looking around in desperation. Usopp, who had stopped as well, looked at her and then at their hands, which were still interlocked. The sniper grew a little giddy and started blushing, enjoying this for a very short moment.

'Her hands are so soft... haa I really had a lot of luck this time.' Usopp thought, smiling softly at the girl, but that got soon replaced by a scowl when he heard Zoro's voice.
"Did you two find the bomb?!" (Y/n) shook her head when the swordsman stopped next to them.
"No, and I have absolutely no clue where he could have put it. Did you and Sanji finish off the Baroque Works group?"
"Yeah it was a fast job-" Zoro stopped talking when he noticed the other two holding hands, then proceeded to glare at them.

"What?" Usopp asked, sweating nervously as (Y/n) raised her eyebrow at his behavior.
"We are looking for a bomb, why are you two holding hands?"
"Huh?" (Y/n) looked down at her hand, then quickly let go of Usopp and apologized.
"Regardless... we should hurry up!"
Coughing awkwardly, (Y/n) walked a  little bit in front of them, trying to ignore the noises as she tried to concentrate.
"I hate you." Usopp glared at the satisfied swordsman, who shrugged his shoulders at the comment.
"Remember, we are not here to get distracted." Zoro laughed, walking after (Y/n).

A little while later they started looking inside the abandoned buildings, but sadly there was no sign of the bomb or Baroque member. (Y/n) was close to the point of crying as she looked at the abandoned streets.
'All these places my brother, Vivi, our friends and I made memories will be gone... this can't be right, can it?'
"Hahahaha!" Turning around, she looked in confusion as Usopp was laughing and holding a golden hook in his left hand.