Chapter Seventeen

"PELL!!"
(Y/n) watched in shock as the sky turned into a bright abyss for a few moments. The initial shock and panic slowly turned into numbness as she fell to her knees.
"He saved everyone... He really held his title to the end..." (Y/n) gulped, not listening to what everyone else was saying.
"Why are they not stopping the fight?! Why is there still blood being shed?!" Vivi yelled from the tower, looking at the Rebels and Army, who weren't even paying attention to the explosion, just mindlessly attacking each other.

"Go and stop the fight!" Nami yelled at Usopp, Sanji and Zoro, who were still getting over the shock.
"What?! What are we supposed to do?!" Usopp yelled at the girl.
"Just do what you can!!! Chopper, stay with (Y/n), she isn't really in a good state to stay alone!" Nami said as they ran to the battlefield, the reindeer running over to the girl.
"(Y/n)! Are you ok? You didn't get injured from something-" Chopper's questioning got interrupted by (Y/n) pulling him into a hug, looking into the distance in an emotionless manner.

"He is dead... I should have done something... maybe if I was faster or stronger, he would still be alive..." She kept on repeating that while Chopper tried to calm her down.
'What will I do now?! She is out of it completely!!'
"Stop fighting!! Please!!!" Vivi yelled loudly but was left ignored. Then all of a sudden a loud explosion was heard from the Tomb of the kings, causing the pirates and Vivi to look at it, only to find Crocodile's unconscious body falling down the sky.
"Luffy won!!" The crew exclaimed excitedly.

"STOP FIGHTING!!" Vivi finally yelled as rain slowly started falling down the sky, causing the fighting to stop.
The raindrops falling on her head caused (Y/n) to finally wake herself up from the state.
'Rain? Real... real rain?'
As Chopper tugged on her to get up, she stretched out her hand for the drops to hit her.
'Real rain...'
"Pell... it's finally raining... Crocodile is defeated..."
Chopper pulled her through the streets as she sobbed, the realization of the guard being dead finally hitting her.
'Thank you for protecting us...'

"THE NIGHTMARE...IS FINALLY OVER." Vivi announced, sobbing a little at the sight in front of her.
"Hold on!" Someone from the crowd yelled, catching Vivi and (Y/n)'s attention.
"Wait Chopper." She said to the reindeer, who did as he was told.
"You can't just erase everything that happened! The nightmare isn't over yet!!"
"We saw the king destroy Nanohana with our own eyes!!"
"You expect us to forget all the rotten things the Royal army did to us!!"
"Koza was even shot by one of them!"
"Koza was shot?!" (Y/n) yelled at one of the men, letting go of Chopper's hand.
"Yeah! He was shot while trying to ease the fight!" One said in rage, pointing at the older, who was fighting to stay awake.
"Koza!!" (Y/n) ran to her brother as the others kept protesting against the princess.

"Are you alright?! You idiot!" (Y/n) cried as she reached the older, who sent her a cryptic look.
"Idiot... idiot..."
'I can't lose you too now. Please stay alive.' The girl kept on inspecting the wound, when she felt the older hug her tightly.
"I am sorry... about everything I said." Koza sobbed into her shoulder. (Y/n)'s eyes widened for a moment, then started sobbing as well and she hugged him back, feeling a little at peace now.
"It's ok... I am just glad I didn't lose you too..."
'I can finally sleep now a little... that man is no longer our worry.' (Y/n) thought with a strained smile, slowly falling unconscious into Koza's arms.
"(Y/n)?! Hey, are you alright?" The man looked at her in worry.
'She doesn't seem to have any wounds...'

Chopper ran to the girl's aid and inspected her injuries, sighing in relief when he saw nothing was life-threatening.
"Don't worry, she is just exhausted."
"Thank God..." Koza let out a sigh, but then looked at Chopper in confusion.
"Who are you though? A talking raccoon?"
"I am a reindeer and a doctor!!" Chopper yelled out, offended by Koza's statement.

A day passed since the war ended, the pirates were still fast asleep and the rain kept on falling at the kingdom, not showing signs of stopping any time soon. The citizens of the country were elated and were celebrating peace finally falling over the country. (Y/n), while in one of the rooms of the palace, woke up hours after she initially passed out. Vivi explained everything that went down after she fell asleep, how Igaram was alive, the Marine arresting Crocodile, and sadly how Pell was never found. The last part caused the girl to cry for a while, but she soon had to calm down when the king called her in for a meeting.