8 : Smoking

I shoot up in bed, alarmed by the sound of a smoke detector going off.

Rosie.

My first thought immediately went to my babygirl. I jump out of bed and run into the hall following the sound of the alarm.

Maybe she was making breakfast and accidentally burned something without seeing it? I run into the kitchen but turn around when the sound was getting quieter by every step I took.

If not the kitchen then...?

I run to Rosie's room. I need to get her out of the house first.

No no no....

My heart drops to my stomach. The sound was getting louder, the closer I got to her room. My heart starts racing to keep up with my breathing.

She better be okay.

I immediately pound on her door. "ROSIE!'' I barely wait a second before yanking it open. Only to see it's empty. ''ROSALIE!'' I repeat when I walk passed her bathroom door. I quickly pull on the doorhandle but it was locked from the inside.

''ROSALIE OPEN THE DOOR!'' "HEEELP" I hear her scream which fueled my adrenaline. I quickly kick the door in. The warm steam hit me as the door fell down. ''Oh my god Rosie!'' I wave my hand around to get the steam out so I could see something. ''Are you okay?!'' I grab the door off the floor and throw it back in her room.

"DONT LOOK!'' she yells at me, curled up onto the bathroom floor, her hands covering her ears. I could barely hear her as the sound was blaring through the room, sound-reflecting off of the tiles. I close my eyes as I grab a towel of the dresser and quickly wrap it around her naked body.

I look at the fogged up mirror and breathe out relieved when I realized, there was no fire. It was most likely the steam and she was okay...

I walk back to the bedroom to call for my butler. ''SOMEBODY TURN IT OFF!'' I yell down the hall.

A few seconds go by before it stopped.

I quickly walk back to my shivering girlfriend. I can't believe she said yes last night. She's officially mine. I love calling her my girlfriend.

I hear her softly cry, snapping me out of my thoughts. I squat down to her still on the cold, wet floor but now wrapped up in the large, black towel.

"Hey hey. You okay?'' I lift her face up by her chin to see if she was injured. She could've fallen or slipped and hit her head. ''T-The sound went off and I-I panicked! I tried to run out but I was still wet... and and I slipped and fell back on my foot! I didn't know what to do!'' She cried out.

''It's okay....Ssshh I got you.'' I pull her into my arms and rock her back and forth.

''I-I was just showering I-I don't know what happened!" she stutters a bit shaken up from the situation. I feel terrible for thinking she looks adorable when she's feeling like this. "You're okay baby. I'm here. You're safe." I repeat as I carry her trembling body back to my bedroom.

I place her on my bed and wrap a soft blanket over the towel that she had on as she silently sniffled. ''It's okay'' I wipe her tears off with my thumb as I sit down next to her. "Take a deep breath" I instruct her as I rub her back.

She takes a few deep breaths to calm down.

"Better...?'' I ask as I pull my duvet, that's made out of egyption cotton, over us. It was so soft and warm, I could instantly see her relax. She nods in response while her shivering came to a stop.

She had such beautiful clear skin and the cutest dimples. I think this is the first time I see her completely without make-up. She's such a natural beauty to begin with. It just makes me fall in love with her even more.