18 : Emergency

Her point of view

Ivanna called Nathan's phone which woke me up. She called me over for 'an emergency'  as she described it.

I didn't take it too seriously.

Her last emergency was indecisiveness.

She didn't know which perfume to wear and wanted my advise.

But just to be sure, I hurried anyways.

''Ivanna?'' I call out her name still half asleep as I walk down the quiet hall. Carefully avoiding the furniture that I banged against last time.

''In here!'' I follow her voice that came from her walk-in closet.

My hand slides across the textured wall until I felt a doorframe.

I take in the sweet strawberry smell that Ivy carried with her as I walked in.

I still can't believe I have a friend - A best friend. I've never had a best friend before.

''What're you doing?'' I ask right before my yawn.

Since living with Kai and Ivy, I've learned that she's quite the morning person.

Ussually Keiran forces her to stay with him in bed at least a little longer, so I wonder what time it is.

''Oh girl. I'm so glad you're here. Can you take a picture for me?'' she sounded relieved.

''Uh sure?''

She woke up the only blind person in this house to take a picture of her...?

''I just don't know how...and of what exactly...?''

Why couldn't she take a picture herself?

''Of my ass. I just felt a huge pimple, but I can't see it. It fucking hurts.''

oh....

That's.... kinda nasty.

I couldn't help my face from showing a bit of disgust mixed with confusion.

''Are you....naked?"

"Maybe.''

My mouth opened but I lost what I wanted to say so I close it again.

It was too early to know what exactly was going on.

It wasn't really registering.

I just wanna go back to sleep....

Maybe this is just a weird dream?

"Here." she presses the phone into my hand and a tired sigh escaped my mouth.

''What're you sighing for. I can't even traumatize you. You're blind. You'll be fine - Okay so I'll put it on timer. Just don't move your hands, that's all. I'll bend over!''

''Okayyy...'' I awkwardly respond feeling odd doing this instead of her husband.

The phone audibly counts down before snapping a bunch of pictures.

''Lemme see.'' she grabs the phone out of my hand. ''Rosie you moved! Ugh. Again. Wait let me turn on the flash.''

I know we're best friends but she's really comfortable around me and somehow not embarrassed at all. Are all friends like this? Or maybe that's just how she is in general?

I mean I guess I should be hononered she came to me, her best friend, for help.

''Okay now don't move!'' ''Where's Keiran? Can't he take your booty pictures?'' ''Nope he left with your mans to work...- out.'' ''Nathan left??'' I just thought he was in the bathroom when I got up.