10 : Rules

Once I arrive at her school I see her standing outside, waiting for me. "Let's go!" She yells as she runs towards me when she hears my car. "How was your first morning back?" I ask as I help her in and buckle her up. "Fun. They asked about you! I think they really like you and me too of course I'm an awesome teacher!" ''I told you they'd love you.'' I chuckle at her as I close her door.

We drive to my favourite brunch place that was a little on the fancier side as she tells me all about her morning.

With my hand on her back, I lead her towards the restaurant.

"Welcome back Mr. Morrone, Miss." we are greeted at the entrance. "Rashid my boy. How are you?" "Good sir thank you." "I'd like a private table." I ask as he takes our coats. "Of course sir. Follow me." I grab a hold of Rosie's hand before following him up the red velvet stairs.

Rosie tugs on my sleeve to get my attention.

"What's a private table? I didn't know that was a thing..." she whispers. "For us it is." I whisper back.

Once we got upstairs, we follow him through closed black curtains.

"Your table sir. Anything to drink while you're looking through our menu?" we walk into the dimly lit room with only one table in the middle. The wall behind it, filled with expensive wines.

"I'd like a coffee. Rosie?" I ask her as I pull her chair out for her to sit.

She feels her way onto her chair before I push it closer to the table.

"Uhm... what do you have?" She asks and before I let him answer, I ask her "what would you like?" "Mhh... hot chocolate...?" "With or without whipped cream?" The server asks her as he types it in. "With of course! How is that even a question?" We both chuckle at her sass.

"Thank you" I thank him and already tip him a fifty for dealing with my little monster. "Thank you so much sir"

Before he leaves, I grab him by his sleeve and pull him to the side.

''Do you guys have a braille menu?'' I ask him, making sure that Rosie doesn't hear me.

"I'm afraid not sir.''

I sigh dissapointed. ''Then isn't it time to get one?'' I raise my eyebrow at him.

''Y-Yessir. I'll let the owner know...'' he nods as I let go of his arm.

I hear him running down the stairs as I walk back to our table where I see Rosalie putting her hands out to see what's on the table.

She grabs the salt and pepper shaker and puts one on each hand before licking it off.

I hope she washed her hands first...

"This is salt and this is pepper'' she seperates the two, putting one left and the other on her right.

"When he comes back I need to see some more manners Rosie." I tell her as I sit down across the table from her.

''I'm mannered.'' she huffs as she grabs the napkin off her plate and starts unfolding it to reshape it into a... bird?

"Look it's a butterfly!" She waves it around, completely in her own little world. "We had a mould of a butterfly at school so I know what it looks like if that's what you're wondering." she says after a short moment of silence.

The thought hadn't even occurred to me yet.

"Rosie put that down please. I want to have a bit of a more serious conversation with you."

"Okay... about? Do you not like me anymore?" she asks as she places the napkin down.

"Of course I like you. I -" "Your drinks. One coffee for you sir." The server interrupts me as he places my cup down. "Thank you Rashid."