14 : Explain

His point of view

''I can't. I'm working. Take a few men up there and get it done. Burn down his house for all I care.'' I hang up the phone before ringing the doorbell.

Mia opens the door, her face immediately lights up.

''Nathan! Oh it's so good to see you again. I forgot how tall you were.'' she wraps her arms around me and squeezes me into a tight hug. ''Mia, still as short as always'' I greet my parents' maid and nanny that I grew up with.

She taught me how to respect people from other classes and saved me from turning into a rich brat like most at my school were at the time and for that I'll be forever grateful.

"Nate!" She playfully hits me as I chuckle. ''It's been a while, everything okay?'' she looks up at me. ''All good, Just here to see my dad.''

''Mia! Is that Roberto?'' My mom walks in dressed head to toe in handmade designers.

''Oh." "I take it that your trip to New York went well?'' ''Mia darling, the washing machine was beeping. Could you take care of it? Thank you. - Nathan baby, what're you doing here? Where's our Rosa?'' Now directing her attention towards me.

''Working, I'm here to see dad.'' ''Ah him. He's upstairs in his study.'' She rolls her eyes. I shake off the cold reaction, assuming they had a fight.

"Thanks" I turn around to walk upstairs when my mom yells. "Wait! I haven't seen you in such a long time and I get nothing? What happened to hi? How are you mom? Thank you for birthing me and giving me life even though I wrecked your body. I love you, glad you're still breathing. Anything really."

I roll my eyes before turning around.

"You know I love you."

"I could've crashed, been kidnapped, robbed, hit by a car, shipwrecked. Are you just waiting for me to roll over and die?"

"You can't shipwreck on a plane mom. And of course not." I walk up to her and give her a kiss on the cheek. "And a hug." She adds before putting her arms out.

I smile before wrapping my arms around her.

"Ouch! Ma!"

She flicked my ear.

"I saw you roll you eyes, I'm not stupid. Now go!" She pushes me towards the staircase.

I let go of my ear as I walk up the stairs.

That woman is crazy.

I knock on my dads office door before barging in without giving him an opportunity to answer.

"Your wife is crazy." I blurt out as I shut the door behind me.

"Don't I know it." He chuckles without asking any questions. Sat behind his oak desk in his leather chair where he's spent most of his years, hiding, probably from my mom.

It's the only room my mom wasn't allowed to touch or redecorate.

"Sorry I'm a bit late. Had to take care of some business first." "Ah business comes first. Completely understand." He says after taking the cigar out of his mouth.

"So why am I here?" I immediately get to the point, not wanting to waste the time that I'm apart from Rosie.

"Sit sit." He points towards the chair in front of his desk, across from him, as he puts out his cigar. I was never a fan of the smell or the taste of cigars so I appreciate him remembering that and not continuing.

"I'm okay, can you just say why I'm h-" "Come onnn. Sit. We haven't had a decent conversation in months." "I wonder why." I sigh as I sit down.

"Your moms been telling me all about your new girlfriend."