Take 2| As If Every Shot Is The Last

____________

Off The [•Rec]

Take 2
As If Every Shot Is The Last

A single ray of light was leaking through the messily draped curtains on the window of Donghyuck's pitch black bedroom but it was oddly enough to twitch his eyebrows. "Why?" He bluntly groaned.

For some reason even his groan was plain. There was no hint of any sort of emotion in anything he did or said. He resembled of a machine which was barely breathing because he was supposed to.

He dragged his legs to the windows taking huge strides through the wide axis of his luxurious room. Frustration took over him when he found himself struggling with the curtains. How does anyone get this thing to work?

He sighed to himself and that too internally.

In the process of struggling with his overly expensive bland curtains due to his poor sense of interior designing, his eyes fell on someone.

The model from last night.

She was standing on the same level as him, on the balcony of the building up front. Her eyes were closed, hair flurrying in the wind. The glittering eye shadow and the highlighter she or most plausibly her makeup artist had applied on her was being radiated by the aureate sunlight, specifying her facial features.

"Fuck," the male cursed under his breath, as he still kept staring at the magazine front page celebrity in front of her, spending just a basic day but in her most dazzling appearance to maintain the tagline 'model' that people had given to her.

"She would have looked gorgeous without the makeup."

The words came out of his mouth but his eyes still could not look away. When will she open her eyes? What's she doing here by the way? How fucking long haven't I undraped these curtains? Donghyuck's mind was running crazily with these questions with one question playing on the background. Have I never seen her before last night?

Of course, I have. I even know her name well but why haven't I paid enough attention to her earlier? Why does she look so sad? Those eyes-will they convey something different when they open?

At that time, another man came to the balcony. He was rather tall and handsome enough to intimidate Donghyuck. A relief washed over him knowing that she was already with someone and he could swiftly back away then.

Hana opened her eyes and smiled at the guy in response to whatever he was saying. The nods and smiles were kind of formal and pretentious but Donghyuck did not care anymore. They are always like that. He reminded himself before going to bed again.

"You are like a kid, Jungkook." Miyeon complained as her client was refusing every cloth she was offering. "Well, I am your regular, so deal with it," Jungkook said with a scoff, flipping through the pages of the newest collections.

Miyeon snatched it from his hands. "You are not a model, you know. You can go and wear whatever you want and people wouldn't even give a fuck about it."

"Oh yeah? You very well know how many modeling offers I got even in the past week. They can literally plead and I still won't budge."

"Oh god. Okay, give me a second. I will do something about it. But you have to leave in 20 minutes. I have a new customer coming here and for your information she is a real model."

"She is?" Jungkook's eyes sparkled as if he had heard about his favourite toy. "What is her name? Tell her to wear a red dress. I am in mood for red right now."

Jiyeon used the collection book to smack the back of his head. "What the fuck is wrong with you? Didn't you hook up with some model just last night?"

"An actress," he corrected, "and she was a total flop," Jungkook said getting a disgusted look from his stylist, "She even had gotten lost at the set and you don't know the amount of hard work I had needed to go through to find her again. I had even met a weirdo in the process."

"Weirdo?" Miyeon questioned, finally getting interested in his monologue.

"Yeah. She called herself a model too. As if." Jungkook scoffed again earning a roll of eye from Miyeon.

"Okay Jeon, that's the maximum limit of amount of time I can spend on your lousy hooking up stories from my single life. Now, you need to go. I will send your outfit to your apartment."

"Why?" His eyes widened. "Don't you wanna know what happened next, what that weirdo said?"

"First of all," Miyeon paused, blinking slowly, "I don't want you to call any girl weirdo. Secondly, I am getting a new customer today and I don't wanna make her wait just because you have some stupid stuff to say."

"Okay, let me tell you this one last thing." Jungkook kept talking even while getting pushed out of the door by Miyeon. Just when they were out of the door, Jungkook turned around to see a familiar face in front of him.

"The weirdo from last night!" His eyebrows shot right up as Hana was standing in front of him, mirroring his expression.

"How dare you?"