Take 8| NG

____________

Off The [•Rec]

Take 8
NG
________________________

"Can't you lay low for once?" Jungkook turned around to see his father. The disappointment in his eyes and voice—the very disappointment, he was afraid to witness—to avoid which, he went to the extent of arranging a fake girlfriend, he had to face it anyway.

The younger male massaged his temples, turning to Hana to give her a quick glare who he assumed to be the reason of Mr. Jeon's disappointment, before returning his attention to his father again.

"Dad, it's not what you think. I—" Jungkook got interrupted by his father. "I know that you are still young and like to cause problems every now and then. But aren't you a little too much and it's my party for the sake of goodness. A lot of important guests are present here."

Hana felt bad for Jungkook. Ignoring the glare, he had shot her earlier, she decided to help him. "Director Jeon actually helped me out. He just prevented the situation from getting weird and the things that shouldn't happen."

"Really?" His eyes softened. Jungkook gave Hana a side eye, being extremely suspicious of her way of trying to save his face in front of his father. "Ms. Park Hana, did you two come together to this party?"

Siah, the actress, Jungkook had brought with himself as his plus one did not dare to come into the scene that was going on. She did not want to be in the bad light in front of the successful casting members.

"Erm—" Hana pondered over what to say. She neither wanted to lie nor wanted to act as Jungkook's date. But she somehow felt indebted to him since he had pulled her out of the situation she had been a few minutes ago.

"Yeah, dad," Jungkook abruptly responded, "We came together." He flashed a pretentious smile at Hana which she returned awkwardly. "I am sorry to disturb you two, then. Please have a great time." Jung Jungwon left to attend other guests after that.

"What was that?" Jungkook asked after his father became busy again. "What? Me saving your ass?" Jungkook let out a scoff. "Look at the pot calling the kettle back." Hana shook his head. "I don't think that's the proverb you want to use in this case."

"Don't you understand yet? I don't give a fuck." Jungkook scowled at her, completely ignoring the fact that Hana helped him maintaining his image in front of his father.

"You are the one who put me in this situation. I had the perfect plan, perfectly set up. But you had to ruin it by acting like a country bumpkin who had seen a celebrity for the first time."

"What did you call me just now?" Hana was too stunned at that time. "A country bumpkin," he enunciated every word, "Are you going to cry now, country bumpkin?" The female flicked her finger on his forehead. Jungkook winced in pain.

"Who told you to get involved in my matter when you are so afraid of your own dad?" Jungkook became flustered getting caught. Was it that obvious? "Can't tell whether you are the type to bully or get bullied."

Hana made a staff halt and took a drink from the tray he was holding. "Don't talk to me for the rest of the evening or better don't even show me your face." Jungkook snatched the drink from her hand before she could take a sip.

"I'm so sorry, princess. But that's not happening. Why? Let's talk it over a drink or a dance perhaps?" Jungkook let out a chuckle. "I sounded exactly like him, didn't I?" Hana rolled her eyes at the mention of her dance partner that night.

"Make it fast. I am giving you ten minutes to make your point." Hana took the drink back from his hand. "Ten minutes? Are you kidding me? This story goes long back to when I—"

"Five minutes."

That was what she said but they went on and on talking about the relationship of Jungkook and his father untill Hana alone finished a bottle of beer. "So, you are telling me, you achieved so many things but still couldn't make your dad feel proud of you?"

"Actually he wanted me to handle his business. So—" Hana cut his words off. "Even so! Parents should always be supportive of their children unless they are harming themselves or anyone else." Jungkook softly smiled. "Are you getting angry on behalf of me or just getting drunk?"

Hana stared into his eyes. "What do you think?"