Take 12| Raw Cuts

____________

Off The [•Rec]

Take 12
Raw Cuts
____________

Hana spent the whole day in her apartment. For some reason, she could not get Jungkook out of her mind. Even though she hated it, flashbacks with him was playing in her mind repeatedly. She sat up abruptly. I need to get him out of my mind.

The female locked her apartment door and decided to stroll around the neighborhood. What if I see him again? She was thinking about Donghyuck and their encounter at the park. Fuck, I should have asked his apartment number.

To her surprise, her wish indeed came true but in an unpleasant way. Hana saw Donghyuck standing sideways in front of her. He was talking to a couple of guys and did not notice her yet.

The thing that actually shocked her was the cigarette that was lit between his lips. She was aware about the fact that smoking was quite common among adult guys. Still the sight of Donghyuck smoking did not fail to make her feel upset.

Donghyuck held the cigarette in between his index and middle fingers before blowing off the smoke. An uneasy wave washed through her as she tore her gaze apart from him. His poor lungs. She tried to make a joke internally to make herself feel less uncomfortable with the situation.

But her eyes found him again when she heard one of the other guys talking. "Your mom—" he took a pause before saying, "I heard she is getting married again."

"Really?" The other guy started, "Who is it this time?" The first guy glanced at Donghyuck who was still smoking, trying to act unbothered at the sudden mention of his mother's wedding.

"I heard a political person. Only Donghyuck can confirm the news." He placed a hand over his shoulder. Donghyuck let out a snicker. "I think you will know better than me."

"Why?" The second guy cooed. "Is Donghyuckie upset that his new dad didn't invite him?" Donghyuck dropped his cigarette down on the ground before stepping on it.

"Well, kind of since I won't be able to see my own dad's disappointed face at the wedding. He attends to all of her weddings, you know? To show that, he doesn't care. But he gravely fails at the end of the night, being drunk and sputtering nonsense about how badly mom hurt him."

"Your dad is such a clown."

"Not quite, though," the first guy muttered, "He used to beat Donghyuck whenever he was drunk when Donghyuck used to live in his dad's house." The other guy's eyes widened mockingly.

"That's not fair." Donghyuck bitterly laughed. "You didn't tell him about the part when he had beaten me even after I had moved out." The two guys fell silent after that.

They wanted to remind Donghyuck about his miseries to make him feel that they were superior to him but it was futile when he talked about it himself.

Just then, his eyes landed on Hana, who was standing there frozen as a sculpture. It was as if her feet were glued to the ground. "Fuck," Donghyuck cursed under his breath. His jaw tightened as he tried to take a step toward her.

"You didn't tell us that you are sleeping with someone so hot," one of the guys said from beside him, making his blood boil. Hana was still staring at him with shaky pupils. She knew that different people have different sufferings.

But overhearing the conversation between them made her think, Why him? Donghyuck's hands balled up into fists. He had managed to keep himself unbothered when they were talking dirtily about him but hearing about Hana from their mouth made him lose his mind for some reason.

He was about to turn to his side to land a punch on that guy's face. At that time, Hana could finally move her feet. She sprinted towards Donghyuck without thinking anything else.

Reaching to him, Hana wrapped her arms around his neck, engulfing him into a tight hug which she considered was the only thing she could offer to him at that moment. Why are you so hurt? She thought as tears trickled down her face.

"I am sorry," meaningless apologies left her lips. Donghyuck closed his eyes as his lips curved upwards into a soft smile.

"Why are you sorry, idiot?"

Saying that, Donghyuck buried his head in the crook her neck. His hands were already wrapped around her waist. It was as if a strange blanket of comfort was wrapping him around which was totally unfamiliar to him.

Sniffing her hair, he decided to let this warmth spoil him for a moment.