A Dream

(Warning this is just a small chapter before I start posting the bigger ones. Hope you guys enjoy!)

~Inside your dream~

There you sat by a waterfall as it thunderstorms in your dream, all you could hear are the voices inside your head with the thunder and lightning roaring in the sky above you.

You looked up and the grey sky with dark clouds letting the rain hit your face, it felt like tears then out of nowhere the voices stopped. Looking down you saw a shadowy figure standing in front of you and looked you dead in your eyes.

(Y/n): What do you want?

Shadowy figure: Its crazy how far we've come. This new team seems-

(Y/n): Don't bring them into this.

Lightning struck the ground above letting thunder roar in the sky.

Shadowy figure: I see, don't you want to know how they would react if they met you? I mean the real you of course. The deep down inside you.

(Y/n): No, they'd think I'm a-

Shadowy figure: Monster? No kidding the way you struck down that laboratory I'd think you be one too but since we lived through it I already know.

There was a brief silence between you two as you backed away hitting a wall.

Shadowy figure: I know you, your mind, more importantly your heart. You're dying to be in a relationship, to connect, but you are  terrified to let anybody near you. Because what if they actually saw WHO YOU ARE! Then wonder how could they love you?

(Y/n): Stop..

The figure started circling around you still talking

Shadowy figure: Erza, Mirajane, Lucy, Levy, and Juvia. They're god knows where because you decided to stay! You could be with them-

(Y/n): They were the only ones I let get close! They got hurt because of me so I needed to get them out while I-

Shadowy figure: While you stayed and took more abuse, punishment and tests? Letting those scientists turn you into what you are today when you had an opportunity to leave and better yourself.

Your power flared up shaking the area around you.

(Y/n): I have endured where others would perish! I've gone past my own limitations to survive in that place! That means I'll do what is necessary to keep everyone safe! I am-

Shadowy figure: Afraid. Even if you are strong and far beyond a normal person or Faunus is capable of, there are still people stronger than you. You are afraid you don't have enough power to protect them which would lead to your death and even worse their own.

You growled at the shadowy figure, even though it's annoying to admit it, he's right

Shadowy figure: Letting them close wouldn't be a bad thing if you trust it, or if you're truly scared of what's to come in the future. Be stronger.

The last part of what the voice said echoed into your ears then you woke up sitting up from the floor in a cold sweat.

(Y/n): ...Be stronger...?

Yeah right, If only it were that easy...