Part 5: Recalibration and Beginning the Exam

I open my eyes and see a dark room, small glowing lines below me in vertical and horizontal lines, circles intermittent around that.

'Where am I?' I wonder.

"You're current location in on the couch, your mind however has been brought inside the Omnitrix" My voice responds.

The darkness lifts and I see myself in a green and black tunnel that opened to a replica of Japan.

As I watch, Aliens wander about below like actual people would, interacting and talking with each other.

A hologram appears of Azmuth.

"This is a Recording. Now you won't try talking to me, I'll explain. This is the internal representation of the Omnimatrix, when in here, you and you alone, can interact with the Systems. If you are here, the Omnitrix has entered Recalibration Mode and will pick a smaller easily hidden form, it will work the same, just look like an actual watch. Here you will be selecting your new Playlist, Ben had no choice but his choices were similar to the Playlist 1. Your Playlist 1 will remain unlocked, this message will now deactivate" The holographic Azmuth disappears and a system generated screen appears with a list of 50 Aliens, so I can't pick any I want, just from 50 huh? Better than no choice.

I scroll through the names and their abilities, quickly making a list of what I know I want.

Swampfire, a Methanosian was a must have, his Regeneration is key.

Big Chill as a Necrofriggian would cover some weak spots I have, namely ice and the permeation I lost when deleting Ghostfreak.

Echo Echo, Sonorosian, for Sonics and having decoys.

Jet Ray the Aerophibian
for flight and speedy slight at that.

Brainstorm the Cerebrocrustacean for Grey Matter, but with fighting capabilities in case I need a plan and fight.

Goop the Polymorph for stealthy entrance and capture of people, acidic and sticky when needed. And his morphing shape makes most physical attacks useless.

Wildvine as a Florauna has similar powers to Swampfire but he can also merge with plant life, becoming King in vegetative areas.

Humungosaur, a Vaxasaurian for outdoor fighting when Four Arms isn't useful, his extra growth ability good for enhanced combat should I need it.

ChamAlien as a Merlinisapien gives Big Chill's invisibility but I can touch stuff.

Spidermonkey I chose, as an Arachnichimp for his webbing and nimbleness, as well as his spider sense.

And finally, Ditto, the Splixson, I can clone and change into a bunch of different Aliens when I absolutely have to do so.

I confirmed it and a representation of each appears in front of me.

Each turns into a ball of green light and fly to my wrist, entering the representation of the Omnitrix on my wrist.

I lift it and watch as it glows, in the light I can see the watch itself turn into an Upgrade colour pattern and sharing, the dial circling around a few times as if it's winding the rest in.

"Awesome!"

The light fades and I see it's new appearance.

It's shrunk to the shape of a regular wrist watch when they had the clock faces, the black strip from the last design had thinned with the green strap on either side on top of a strong grey segmented strap.

It has the dial with two small grey buttons, a green dot in the centre of both on the 12 and 6 o'clock points, the two cylinder bars on the 3 and 9 o'clock sides. Then there were four white pipes looking bits at the 1:30, 4:30, 7:30 and 10:30 positions feeding into the grey part of the strap. The dial itself was a bit taller than the first one, and instead of quarter segments was solid, on the inside however it had 22 lines so 23 segments, one line for each alien I have access to right now.