2.6

After Loidis, they headed towards Sigefrid and Erik's camp to get them to leave before heading straight towards Eoferwic. A place Y/N did not want to go back to. It was a place she dreaded. She did not want to see King Guthred, but neither did Uhtred, yet, it was necessary. When they got through the gate, Y/N threw herself off of her horse and followed Uhtred. Her stomach twisted in anger and dread as she walked through the doors to see a very confused King Guthred.
"Uhtred... Father Beocca, I... I had heard that you were close. I had... I had not realised how close." King Guthred trembled in fear at the sight of them. He had not expected them to be very well, alive.
"Lord, King Alfred had sent us to-"
"Father Beocca!" Uhtred interrupted. "You will allow King Guthred to speak first."
"I had also heard that you had been recovered, Uhtred.... and Y/N it would seem... I am glad, believe me... well, if you are here to kill me, I don't blame you, I would kill me too... but it would be a mistake... another mistake." King Guthred stumbled over his words out of fear. He knew what Uhtred was capable of.
"Lord Guthred. I am Lord Æthelwold. I have come instead. We have gifts-" Father Beocca grabbed Æthelwold preventing him from walking forward.

Uhtred walked forward and threw Sigefrid's hand onto the table, telling him the brothers would not trouble him again.
"They are dead?" King Guthred said worriedly.
"In return, you will give me your army. You will ready them to march." Uhtred stated matter of factly.
"But-"
"You will do as I ask, Guthred, or Y/N will kill you, for what you did to her."  Y/N smiled sarcastically at Uhtred's words. She would if it meant she would be avenging Halig's death.
"He does not know what he is saying, Lord." Father Beocca quickly said, trying to ease the situation, but it was too late, Uhtred was angry. As soon as Uhtred moved towards King Guthred, Steapa moved to stop him, but Finan blocked him.
"I will kill you, instead and take every consequence. What you did to me... to Y/N... what you did to Halig... I can never forget. I shall never forget." Uhtred said slowly.
"I want to cut off his hand!" Y/N said out loud. That was a bit loud, there Y/N. Uhtred turned his head slowly around, before looking back to King Guthred, who stayed nervously in his seat.
"Go on then, Y/N. Cut off his hand." Uhtred stated. Y/N walked over, climbing over the table with a thud as she dropped down before him.
"Do you have a preference?" Y/N asked. Tilting her head to the side.
"Y/N. Do not. You are a better woman than-"
"Father Beocca. You will be quiet." Uhtred interrupted.
"N-no." King Guthred stated.
"Both?" Y/N joked as she looked at his hand and felt a wave of sickness coursing through her. I can't. I am not them.
"No!" Father Beocca cried. "If you must, then at least take one."
"I'll take the right one." Y/N said, slowly pulling his arm onto the table. "Then we are even." Y/N looked at his arm for a brief moment. She did not even know how to cut a hand off.
"Yu might want to use an axe, so yu don't end up sawing it off," Finan whispered as he handed her an axe. 

Y/N breathed in before swinging it as hard as she could, making the blood spray out, catching her in the face. Shit. It's stuck in there. Finan pushed her out the way, taking the axe to it again, making it a clean cut before pushing her out the door. The minute Y/N was out the door, she threw up everything that was in her body.
"Yu did well, little brother." Finan said as he rubbed her back. "It's better out than in." Y/N looked up slightly to see Clapa and Sihtric had been waiting for them. Clapa looked at her with a big smile but said nothing, while Sihtric's face had a look that she did not recognise.
"Clapa?" She breathed out.
"Did you kill the turd King?" Clapa asked.
"I cut his arm off," Y/N stated.
"Deserved," Clapa answered.
"And ale is deserved," Finan said, slightly shaking her.
"Fin. I'm going to be sick again." Y/N grumbled as he pulled her along

Y/N sat at the table, opposite Sihtric and Clapa. Sihtric looked at Clapa for a brief moment before he looked at her.
"Y/N. I am sorry, I did not protect you, as Lord, Uhtred told me to." Sihtric said apologetically. His face showed genuine sincerity.
"It matters no more to me. I am here now." Y/N said. There was nothing more that could be done. She was here now, and that was all that mattered. The rest of them joined them at the table. Quietly talking amongst themselves, about taking Dunholm.
"If we are successful in taking Dunholm, who gets to keep it?" Finan asked
"Guthred. Guthred, naturally." Father Beocca answered.
"He has Eoferwic," Clapa stated obviously.
"Of course he has Eoferwic," Y/N grumbled. Her voice trailed off when she saw Guthred approach.
"Lord, Uhtred will you join me please... please." King Guthred asked, making them all turn around and watch.
"You didn't cut it off straight," Clapa said with an amused expression.
"Sihtric only taught me basics. What do you expect." Y/N stated, making them chuckle, as they watched King Guthred and Uhtred whispering. All of a sudden Uhtred steps closer and slaps King Guthred, making them all laugh. It seems as if Guthred is still pleading.

In the end, they carried on talking amongst each other when Uhtred called Sihtric over.
"You lied to me, Sihtric." Uhtred scolded when Sihtric got up. "You told me you would protect Y/N. You told me Dunholm has no weaknesses. Yet the last time I was there, I saw a door along the East wall. Access to the spring wall."
Sihtric looks at Ragnar, then to Uhtred awkwardly, "yes Lord, but you could never bring an army through it."
"I would not be bringing an army through it." Uhtred said with a smirk.