Chapter 15

Max ripped the drawers open and grabbed a pair of black shorts, a sports bra and pink tank top-wait-pink! She sifted through what little clothing was left in the drawers. She'd worn all the black and gray shirts and tried her hardest to avoid this girly pink thing. Not wanting to risk being barged in on by Elliot, she grumbled and closed the drawer. It only took her five minutes to throw everything on and pull her hair back into a ponytail. She was pulling the pink and white sneakers on one at a time as she tripped out the door. The tight shoelaces made them a little snug, but other than that they fit just fine.

"Took you forever." Elliot sneered.

"Are we going to eat first?" Max went to the kitchen.

"No. We workout first." He explained.

"But I'm hungry."

"Then it's no wonder you're so fat." He approached her.

"Excuse me?" Max snapped, placing her hands on her hips. She'd actually lost weight from not eating for days.

"This," he pinched her arm.

"Ow!" She moved away.

"And this," he poked at her hips. "I guess you wanted to be a fat cop."

"Hey!" She was loaded with colorful insults to throw his way, but instead tried her best to control her temper. "Most girls would settle for a body like this. There's nothing wrong with it."

Elliot stared at her blankly, not accepting her excuse.

"And I'm not fat." She finally clarified.

"Well, you're not fit." He gestured for her to follow, "Come on."

Max didn't want to. She was already annoyed at the fact that he made her get up so early, even if she was already awake. His name calling and pinching and poking were uncalled for, and only made her more irritated.

She followed him down the hall that took them to the conference room. They passed the room and went to the end where there was a set of stairs. Down the stairs was a big open room with all kinds of gym equipment. From ab machines, to arm builders, thigh and glute toners and an assortment of cardio machines like stationary bikes, an elliptical, treadmills, stairs, and some Max had never even seen before.

"Stop standing there and get over here." Elliot yelled.

He was standing next to a scale that gave all kinds of body measurements, including fat and muscle percentage. He reset it before ordering her to step on it without shoes.

"Sheesh, you almost broke it." He commented.

Max scowled. She didn't think her numbers were too high, especially for her height. She was five feet, one hundred and five pounds, with a twenty-three percent fat ratio. "What is your problem?" She asked.