Chapter 3

"Alright for finishing off we are going to go into a game. It's two and off. Go find your teams." Coach Gisele said finalising with a whistle.

Everyone got into groups of five most of them with a fair mix with boy and girl except for Malachi's team.

"That team needs to mix." Coach Gisele stated.

"What? Why?" Malachi asked showing his frustration.

"Dont ask me anymore questions, mix the team. Or ill do it for you." Coach Gisele said not backing down.

Malachi smacked his teeth looking at the group for who was gonna switch. None of the men wanted to budge causing coach Warren to interfere.

"Celia switch with Bruce."

"Alright Malachi's team vs Michael's team." Coach Gisele said.

Both teams got into position, everyone watched the tip as Malachi successfully hit the ball back to his teammates.

One of the players caught the ball dribbling forwards crossing over when needed be before passing to another player until Maya intervened causing a turn over as she dribbled straight to the basket not stopping. She was about to make a layup until a large hand blocked her slapping the ball out of her hands causing her to drop hard.

"Yeah, lay your ass on the fucking ground." Malachi's voice rang out as the team dabbed him up from stopping her.

Maya quickly got up heading towards his direction before she was stopped by teammates to just continue the game.

After inbounding the game started again, Maya quickly found an opening calling out to her teammate to pass. Once the ball was in her possession she went to drive to a lay up this time adding a pump fake to it as she watched Malachi's body fly by her allowing her to do a simple layup.

"I don't know where the fuck you going." Maya responded seeing how far Malachi went.

They both glared at each other before continuing the game.

.....

After many rounds of different groups playing it was finally time to go home. Everyone changed at the bench or changing room whilst chatting with their peers or just staying to themselves.

"Hey Maya." Maya looked up to see who had called her.

"Oh hey Jason, what's up?" Maya said tying her trainers.

(Yes I said trainers we don't call them sneakers here.)

"I was just curious to know if you were coming to watch the game later on." He said rubbing his neck.

Maya could tell he was shy, she wasn't sure why tho Jason was cute he was 6,3 light skin with curls and a fade. She says cute because that's all she could call him, she didn't really think he could be labelled as sexy or very handsome.

"Of course I'm coming to watch the game. I always do, you know that." Maya replied.

"Oh-um-yeah um, I-I wanted to ask if you would like to go for lunch after?" He said with an exhale finally happy that he got it out.

"Lunch with me? Oh wow, um sure." Maya was honestly perplexed she has never had anyone ask her out or even thought that people would see her that way.

"Oh ok cool. I'll see you later then." Jason said before walking away.

Maya chuckled before gathering her belongings and leaving the gym.

As she walked down the hall she heard and saw things she wish she didn't see.

Malachi had a cheerleader against the locker as they began to make out sloppily with tongue. Maya didn't even know she had kissed her teeth until it drew their attention. Malachi pulled back from the kiss and turned to see where the sound came from.

"Mtch I swear your ass is just a cock block stalker." Malachi said rolling his eyes.

"I'm not even going to start with you, so you can keep doing what you doing you Mr Herpe spreader." Maya said walking past him

"uh un, Herpe spreader? I thought you told me I was the only one you was messing with." The cheerleader said folding her arms.

Malachi wanted to roll his eyes but he knew that would blown his chance at fucking her.

"Nah baby, she just hating because she wanna be in your place." Malachi said licking his lips. That was his number one way of getting into the women's panties.

"Hmm, are you sure I'm the only one?" The cheerleader cautiously said.

"Yeah, you want me to show that you my only one." Malachi said wrapping his arms around her waist pulling her closer. The cheerleader blushed and nodded, Malachi put his arms around her shoulder and left the gym building heading to her dorm.

-----

Maya groaned as she flopped her body on the bed happy to be in her comfortable habitat.

"Did coach work you out?" Simone asked laying down her wig.

"When do they ever not? Besides it's not even them." Maya said kissing her teeth going to put on her bonnet and re-brush her teeth

"What did Malachi do this time.?" Simone said already knowing.

"How did you know it was him." Maya questioned.

"Girl please if looks could kill Malachi would be dead. You always talk about him with such a hatred look." Simone added getting up checking herself in the mirror.

"No, because can you believe this asshole had the audacity to talk trash to me all because he blocked me." Maya said coming out the bathroom mid-brush.

"I can believe it Maya, you wanna know why?"

"Why?"

"Because, It is Malachi. He has always been like that and even though he is a jerk his skills make up for it. I'm not saying I'm on his side I'm just saying you gotta challenge. Trust me girl it's gonna be the same shit with some girls." Simone said putting on her coat making her way to the door.

"Are you gonna take your nap then come for 3rd period?" Simone asked.

Maya gave her a death stare, "You see me putting on my bonnet don't you. Im just having I have time to rest off my muscles before going to class.

"Ok I'll after class I gotta go straight to cheerleading practise I'll probably see you during the boys game." Sandra said.

"Ok see you." Maya said laying on her bed with sleep already taking over her.

-----

HEWOOO, yes I've been extremely lazy also I won't even lie I haven't had that much motivation towards this book or as much interest as I had with the others.

I have a plot but I'm just so lazy to write everything.

I also unpublished the book because I honestly thought I wasn't going to even touch this book. However, a really nice message was sent to me that I just saw and it really gave a positive mind.

Anyway see u whenever peace ✌🏾