Chapter 4

"Let's get ready to rumble everybody. You know what time it is. We have our men's team today facing another team and we are here to see who will go through to the next round." The announcer said causing everyone to cheer.

"Standing to my right is the away team we have ...... The Los Angeles Jets" The announcer said as the away team make their way to the floor with the supporters cheering.

"And to my left we have our beloved Chicago Panthers!" The announcer screamed making the crowd go wild.

Both teams started doing their warm ups wasting time until the refs were ready.

Beeeep

The whistle sounded and the game is soon beginning

———-

The score was 101-99 to the Los Angeles Jets with only 30 seconds left with the Jets with possession.

Everyone in the stadium was leaning in their seats worried their team might actually lose. Maya was also a little bit worried because she knew how much this win meant to the team so they could get to the final four themselves.

"30 seconds left can the panthers get a win or have they met there match with the Jets.

The ball was inbounded and immediately both teams were playing hard one team trying to waste time or get a foul and the other team had trying to get a turnover. Somehow, one of the offensive players team member got lose about to shoot a three. When out of nowhere a large hand swatted the ball with a loud sound blocking the attempted the shot.

"Holy Smoke, Malachi Stevenson came out of nowhere and got a beautiful block and steal with only 5 seconds left." The Announcer exclaimed.

"3"

The crowd cheered including Maya as there was hope for the team.
"2"
Malachi took off with the ball immediately making his way beyond the three point line. He took a deep breath before releasing the jump shot.

"1"

with the stadium practically silent you could hear the most satisfying swish and the ball went in the basket with nothing but net.

Game Panthers win.

The whole stadium erupted with roars as they cheered on their beloved panthers. The Panther boys immediately ran to Malachi hugging him and lifting him up and cheering him.

"The Chicago panthers are through the Final four with the most unbelievable round." The announcer cheered.

Maya couldn't lie as much as she disliked Malachi that was a great sequence to watch.

"Did you see that?!!!" Simone came shaking her friend hysterically.

"I mean they were like woo, and then he was like woah and then Malachi.... Wow just wow.!" Simone said unable to express her words.

"You know another human being would think you are crazy." Maya said raising an eyebrow at her excited friend.

"No they wouldn't. Not after what we just seen." Simone retorted back.

"Hey Simone, the boys are throwing an after party for the win. You coming?" Savannah the Cheer captain came over questioning.

Simone looked at Maya with pleading eyes hoping her friend would come.

Maya rolled her eyes already know she was going to fall for it.

"Ok... we can go." Maya said causing Simone to cheer.

"Yes, we are coming. Luckily my car is here." Simone said grabbing Maya's hand and walking to the car.

———