Chapter 2

Chapter 2 Fishwife

    Jiang Zhaoli followed the memory of the original owner to the main room.

    The main room was arranged as a mourning hall, and a coffin was parked in the middle, and it was the body of the eldest brother of the Chu family lying inside.

    Yes, the big brother of the Chu family has died, just a few days ago.

    Chu Yunzhi was standing in front of the altar with his back to her. There was an incense burner on the altar, and the incense inserted in it was slowly burning. The rain had stopped, but the wind did not. Blue smoke blows towards the coffin.

    Chu Yunzhi stared at the blue smoke, wondering what he was thinking, when he heard her coming, he turned his head and took a look, then ignored her.

    The mourning hall was really oppressive, and Jiang Zhaoli began to feel uncomfortable. She stepped forward and took out three sticks of incense, lit them on the oil lamp, and then paid three respects to the coffin of Brother Chu's family.

    Brother Chu, I believe you must know that your daughter-in-law has gone with you. I'm sorry for taking your daughter-in-law's body. But I still want to thank you for her, for saving her back then. She should be very happy to be your daughter-in-law.

    If the original owner hadn't been rescued or had really become someone else's concubine, then she who passed through would be in a very bad situation at this moment.

    The moment he inserted the incense into the incense burner, Jiang Zhaoli noticed the empty altar, and added in his heart, also, thank you for the steamed buns. The steamed buns are delicious.

    With the grace of Mantou, I will take good care of your two younger brothers for you and the original owner.

    Jiang Zhaoli took a step back, watching the thin three pillars of green smoke slowly mixing with Chu Yun's point, and drifting towards the coffin.

    She is about to start a new life.

    Jiang Zhaoli fell silent for a while, and when he came back to his senses, he found that Chu Yunzhi was looking at him with his head tilted.

    As he got closer, Jiang Zhaoli noticed that his pupils were extremely dark, and his eyes looked deep and quiet. Coupled with his always light expression, it was hard to tell whether he was happy or angry.

    But Jiang Zhaoli had an inexplicable intuition that he was sad.

    At this moment, for the death of a loved one.

    She felt that she should say something, so she searched her guts and finally found a topic.

    "Uh...Second Brother, are you hungry?"

    Hearing her question, Chu Yunzhi was taken aback for a moment, shook his head, and turned away again.

    Jiang Zhaoli didn't feel embarrassed, he thought for a while and said, "It's getting late, I'll go to the kitchen to cook first."

    When he came to the kitchen, Chu Yiyi was already inside, squatting in front of the stove to light a fire.

    The firewood was wet and he couldn't light it for a long time. Chu Yiyi was so anxious that his forehead was sweating. When he saw her coming, he stood up and ran to her with his calves.

    "Sister-in-law, go back and rest quickly, I'll be fine here."

    It is said that children from poor families are already in charge of the family, Jiang Zhaoli looked at the sensible Chu Yiyi, feeling distressed and soft-hearted, and smoothed his hair, "I'm fine, I don't need to rest anymore, I'll cook the meal."