Chapter 41

Chapter 41 Finalized

    Xu Mao said in shame: "I'm already a scholar. Last year, I failed the rankings and failed to pass the exam." What

    Jiang Zhaoli was looking for was a teacher with experience in taking exams. After all, when her school was opened, it was for the imperial examination. , but some questions still need to be clarified first.

    "Why did you think of coming to teach in a private school?"

    "It's ashamed to say that my family has been supporting me for many years. Although I have subsidies from the imperial court every year, I still have enough money. I will be in my 20s next year, so it's not easy to ask my family for money." Yu

    Chunye Like Xu Mao, a scholar who failed the provincial examination and was still in the same class as Xu Mao, only Xu Xu has no fame and is still a child.

    The reasons of the three people are similar, and to put it bluntly, they are all here for money.

    Jiang Zhaoli looked at Chen Zishuo who hadn't spoken yet.

    Chen Zishuo said: "I am already a Juren."

    Jiang Zhaoli was a little surprised: "If you are a Juren, why do you want to be a teacher?"

    Juren's social status is not a bit higher than that of a scholar. If you win the Juren, you can become a local official, but it depends on whether there is a gap in the officialdom. There are not many official positions in Heijie County, so it is normal for Chen Zishuo to be unable to squeeze in, but it is not necessary to become a teacher in a remote mountain village.

    Chen Zishuo gave a wry smile, kept silent again and again, and then said that his official career had long been cut off.

    He passed the exam three years ago, but Chunwei failed the ranking, and Heijie County had nothing to do with vacancies, so he went to the county to become a sesame official. Being able to serve as an official in the county government office shows his ability.

    At that time, Chen Zishuo took office as a new official. He was full of ambition and wanted to make some achievements, but he was inexperienced, so he obeyed his superiors and asked him to go west instead of east. Unfortunately, his superior looked upright, but he was actually a corrupt official. It happened that the governor was going to inspect the place, and the corrupt officials were not cleaned up, and they were caught straight.     Chen Zishuo had a lot of dealings with corrupt officials, and he was implicated several times when he handled dirty money without knowing it. Not innocent, but certainly innocent. At the governor's discretion, he was released after being imprisoned for a month.

    Just like the archives of later generations, everyone here has classics. Of course, except for black households like Jiang Zhaoli -

    the classics are nowhere to be found.

    After this came out, Chen Zishuo had nothing to do as an official, and he couldn't participate in the general examination. As the saying goes, if good things don't go out, bad things spread thousands of miles away. The books he read in the local academy went out in a good way, and came back in disgrace, with a bad reputation. I want to be a teacher for a living, but the academy doesn't want him. If you want to sell calligraphy and painting, people will not accept it when they see that it is him.

    A scholar, in the past few years, he can only do some physical work to support his family.

    Is really desperate.

    Chen Zishuo's eyes were full of bitterness: "Miss Jiang, I don't know if you have any impression. When you came to Huxing Lane today, I was among the group of temporary workers. You didn't hire me, but I knew that you were recruiting a wife. So I wanted to try my luck."