Catch up: Lavertus

[When he found you]
(You're a black and white kitten)
His POV
It's been like several years since my exile from my tribe and now my younger brother named Lagravis might be the new king of the lion tribe.

My loneliness causes me to slightly go insane in my poor mental health while talking to myself more frequently and speaking my thoughts out loud, not caring if somebody could hear because nobody would live in this isolated land of Outlands.

Today I caught some fish with my sword called Black Valious and I often wish somebody is here to talk to.

I am just going back home after a whole day of fishing when I hear a cry in the distance but I decided to check it out for a moment.
~A few minutes later~
The loud cries were going louder before I stumbled across a basket on the ground. I slowly walked up to it before I glanced at my surroundings and I picked up the basket, lifting the white blanket to reveal a baby who is crying his/her eyes out.

Suddenly the child stopped crying and I could see a pair of (E/C) eyes staring at me with innocence before his/her paws reached out for me.

"Who would leave a baby in here?" I mutter to myself before I caress his/her soft black and white fur. This child looks like a few months old or something.
I then see a note sticking out at the edge of the basket before I grabbed it and then reading it
"(Y/N)?" That was all I read on the note, nothing else but that, and I made my decision for this child.
"I guess I'll keep (Y/N) and don't worry I'll take care of you, making me your father," I told the baby while carrying it with me back home.

[When he brought you home]
I finally arrive at my home and once again I heard (Y/N) cry again while hearing his/her stomach growl, meaning that he/she is hungry.
"Don't worry (Y/N). I'll make you some food" I reassured him/her before I start to make some food for the child and also for myself.

~Several minutes later~
I finished feeding (Y/N) with some stew and I then wipe the mess from his/her chest fur before I picked up the child into my embrace, patting it on the back before (Y/N) let out a burp.

I heard a yawn from the child before I went to my bed since it was now nighttime and (Y/N) was now fully asleep on my shoulder.
I gently put him down on my bed before I lay down with him/her as I looked at the child sleeping peacefully
"Don't worry (Y/N). I'll protect you with my life" That was the last thing I said to (Y/N) before I went to sleep and at least I have somebody to talk to now in this isolated land.