27. 𝙀𝙣𝙙 𝙂𝙖𝙢𝙚

27. 𝙀𝙣𝙙 𝙂𝙖𝙢𝙚

ᴍᴏɴᴀᴍɪ'ꜱ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴠɪᴇᴡ

"Maasi!" my voice echoed in the halls of Blue Paradise sending shivers down through everyone's spine, I just knew it.

I stared at Gunjan Maasi's face which was on my lap when my eyes landed on the red liquid which was pouring from her chest, making my heartbeat stop, as the bullet which was meant for me, was there, inside her chest, taking away her breaths.

She isn't going anywhere, she has to live! She can't leave me like Maa did...

I leaned down keeping my hand on her chest, as I started to mumble, "Ma... maasi, kuch nahi hoga aapko... Main aapko.. ku-ch naa-hi hone dungi.."

Liar, my brain yelled out.

We are running out of time, her pulse is slow, skin is turning pale, I know deep down, my brain knows that she won't be able to make it, but my stubborn heart is yearning for another chance.

Before my lips could make another word, the grip of Maasi's hand started to loosen up and that's when a subtle smile came on her lips as she hardly mumbled, "Dhyaan rakhna... Jai hind!"

With that she closed her eyes, leaving me in a panic and daze, that's not how it was meant to be, her breathing had stopped, I have lost her, we have lost her.

I stared at her face which had turned completely pale and whitish as my own face was left devoid of any expressions as all of the sudden I felt the anger rushing down my veins as I got up on my feet and thundered at ARS, "Just because of you I lost her! Yeh sab tumne shuru kiya tha but now it's over! This is the endgame!"

Without thinking I grabbed the glass bottle from the table and banged it at his head right away, not giving him the chance to react, as he stumbled on his feet whereas I held him by his collar and smashed his head against the wall.

All of the sudden, I was having this much energy, but only if I had recovered from his attack a few moments back then Maasi would have been breathing right now, and this fact just triggered me more.

"Only if you had not started with it toh sab thik hota! Tumhari vajah se aaj es desh ne apne kitne soldiers kho diye, ek beti ne apni maa kho di, maine apni dusri maa khodi! You will pay the price through your life! Kyunki ab tumhe yahaan se zinda baahar main nahi jaane dungi!"

"Yeh sab khatam ab yahaan, essi vakat hoga!" I shouted before pulling out my gun at ARS and I could clear everyone shouting for me to stop but this time I chose to ignore.

Maasi's face flashed infront of my eyes, all my memories with her, our first encounter, then her helping me with this case, pulling out the bullet from my forearm, promises, care, affection and love.

I pulled the trigger of my gun which aimed at Ayaan's forehead and as he pulled out his own gun and pointed at me whereas a moment passed and then the sound of bullet echoed in the halls, as I closed my eyes, taking a moment.

I took a moment to process the hole on Ayaan's forehead, just like how I saw Yash a few moments back dying infront of my own eyes, as another bullet left from my gun hitting his chest, I didn't feel good about it, I felt sick and terrible yet I didn't regretted it.

I could have spared him, and allowed Karan and others to take the matter in their own hands and handle it professionally but the things have gotten too much personal, aside from the auction, trading the country and everything, ARS had the audacity to include my family in it, the innocent civilians.