Consolation

"Kaneki... Can I talk to you for a minute?" Touka asked as she closed the door to his room.

"Sure." Kaneki placed his book down on the table and stood up.

She ran to him and hugged him, burying her face into his chest. He was taken aback.

"What's wrong, Touka-chan?" Worry filled his voice.

She didn't reply. Kaneki gently pushed her away and she looked like she was going to cry. He took her hand and guided her to his bed, getting her to sit down.

"What's wrong?" He asked again while trying to look into her face. Her head was tilted down and her hair covered her expression. She was trembling.

"I... I killed someone who had a family..."

Kaneki's eyes widened.

"He had a wedding ring... I didn't mean to... I just was too hungry but by the time I realized he was already dead." Touka continued. Her voice cracked at the last word.

He wrapped his arms around her and she sobbed quietly in his arms. "What will happen to his family? It's all my fault..."

"No it's not your fault, Touka-chan... You can't help it, you were starving. You told me once that starvation for a ghoul was utter hell. So don't blame yourself."

"B-But.. It was my fault that I let myself starve till the extent of losing my mind."

Kaneki rubbed Touka's back to calm her down while repeating that it's not her fault over and over again.

Once he made sure she stopped crying, he released her and caressed her cheek.
He leaned forward and pressed his lips against hers. Touka wrapped her arms around his neck and slowly pulled him down onto the bed.

- Le Time Skip - (sorry people who were expecting something!)

Morning came.

Touka woke up and gazed into Kaneki's face. He looked very vulnerable. She drew circles on his bare chest repeatedly but that woke him up.

"Mm good morning Touka-chan..." He said, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"Morning.." She caressed his cheek and he smiled.

"Just remember you're not a monster Touka-chan. I don't like you thinking that you are. You're just like a human, eating whenever they need to. And remember that I'm always here for you."

"Mm thank you, Kaneki." Touka smiled and tangled her fingers in his snowy white hair.

"I'm glad you're my boyfriend."

---------
Zzzz.... Not getting new ideas yet... Will be updating slower as I'm kinda having writer's block ==

Hope you guys liked this short one shot~