Crush

Request for @BlaringHalo

I'm sorry if this didn't go the way you expected it to.

--

This story is based on post-Aogiri Kaneki and Touka, where Kaneki decides to return to Kamii University to finish his studies and Touka makes it in.

--

"I know I've been here before but...this place still is huge..." Touka mumbled as they walked past the numerous buildings in Kamii University.

"It'll seem small after some time. If I'm not wrong, you got into Pharmaceutical Sciences right, Touka-chan? That's amazing. It's extremely hard to get into that course." Kaneki pointed out.

Touka had just received her posting results and was elated that she managed to enter Kamii. Getting into her first choice is great and all, but the main source of her happiness was being able to go to the same school as Kaneki. Not that her pride would allow her to tell him anyway. She has had a crush on him since the time with Hinami and fell deeper in love with him after he returned from Aogiri. He had white hair now and the aura around him is completely different from the past, being calm and collected.

With what happened, she did not expect him to return to school but he did, stating that it was one of his wishes to finish university. Today, Kaneki suggested to bring her on a tour in the university to get her more accustomed to studying there.

"Is that so? Wait—are you being sarcastic? You thought I wouldn't get in, right?!" Touka exclaimed as she pulled on his ear.

He yelled out in pain. "That's not what I meant! I was being sincere—OW!"

She huffed and released his ear. Grinning to herself, she merely wanted to have contact with him and squeezed her hands into fists in victory.

"Ah hey!!!! Kaneki!!! Touka-chan!!!"

They heard someone call out to them and turned to their left. Hide was waving at them with a big grin on his face and an unfamiliar girl—to Touka—stood beside him. Kaneki recognized the girl. It was Haruna, his first crush. In the past, Haruna called him a lame person for being a bookworm when he confessed. Ever since then, he stopped liking her and moved on to Rize. Well, you guys know what happened next.

The four walked towards each other and met in the middle. "Yo, Kaneki! Having a date with Touka-chan, eh?!"

The two ghouls blushed. "We're not—"

"Sure you guys aren't. Oh, where are my manners? This is Koiwai Haruna-chan. Kaneki, she says she needs to talk to you in private."

Why would the girl who horribly rejected him want to talk to him now after so long? He wondered as Haruna fidgeted in her place, while Touka had an extremely bad feeling about this.

What's with this girl? Touka thought as she scanned Haruna's appearance. She was wearing a V-necked shirt that showed off her ample assets and high-waisted shorts that exposed her bottom. It was as if she wore that to attract males. On top of that, she couldn't stop moving, pushing her long brown hair behind her ears and squeezing her arms together to show off more of her breasts.

"Now? I'm actually showing Touka-chan around campus now. Can we talk later?"

The violet-haired female glanced at Kaneki, who had his hand on his chin. It seemed he didn't want to talk to this Haruna and Touka smirked for being chosen over the girl.

"I can show Touka-chan around for you. You guys should have a good chat!" Hide grabbed Touka's arm and started to drag her away.

"Hey!" She shouted as she struggled to pull away from his grip.