"Give it back"

Pairing: pope heyward x fem!reader

Summary: you and pope have a special love and hate relationship but you both want to be more.

Warning: none.

(Requested)

"Pope fucking Heyward!"

You jumped up trying to grab the book pope took from you. "Hey hey- i just wanted to see what you were reading." Pope smiled lifting the book higher.

"Ugh! I fucking hate you!" You yelled putting your hands on his chest. "No you love me. You just don't know it yet."

"What are you two lovebirds doing?"

You scuffed turning around to see your brother Jj. "Tell your friend to give me my book back." Jj smiled looking between you and pope. He shook his head waving his hand. "Pope keep it."

"What!? Jj- that's not fair."

"Y/n all you do is read." You rolled your eyes at jj's words. "Why don't you ever hangout with us anymore?" You looked back at pope with a sigh.

"All you guys do is illegal shit. I personally- Unlike my brother-" You turned back to Jj with a smirk before continuing. "Don't enjoy breaking the law."

Jj laughed. "At least i'm not a nerd." You put your hands over your face your annoyance with your brother growing.

Pope sighed. "Jj could you leave us alone for a minute."

"Are you kidding me- you alone with my little sister?" You dropped your hands letting out an over dramatized sigh. "We're literally twins." you grumbled.

"ah- ah-ah! I came out first."

"Congrats! No leave me alone!" Jj shook his head walking off. "Don't fuck my sister!" You looked over at Pope and rolled your eyes leaning back on the chateau.

"I mean i wouldn't mi-" Pope started. You put your hand up to his face. "Don't. Even." Pope pushed your hand away. "Don't play with me y/n. I know you like me."

You scoffed. "In your fucking dreams Heyward."

"Nah more like nightmares."

Your mouth dropped at his words. "Rude!" Pope laughed standing up before grabbing your phone. "Pope!"

"Lets see who you're texting."

You shot up from your seat reaching for your phone but Pope just raised his arm higher. "Fuck you! You freakishly tall man!" Pope laughed looking down at you. "I'm not freakishly tall- you're just short."

You crossed your arms mumbling to yourself. "I want my phone back."

"Why?"

"So i can block your number!" You argued.

Pope's smirk only grew. "You'd never block me. You like me too much." You shook your head. "You really wanna chance that?"

He shrugged his shoulders dropping his arms. "Here. Block me."

You snatched your phone instantly with a glare. "The thing is- if you block me- you have to kiss me." You slowly looked up at Pope your heart caught in your throat.

"I'm not going to kiss you."

Pope crossed his arms. "Then I guess you have to keep me unblocked." You shook your head with a chuckle. "Yeah uh- not happening." You stepped back out Pope grabbed your arm.

He pulled you closer to him, bring you to his chest. "Y/n.." You looked up at Pope dropping your hands to your sides. You didn't say anything back.

"You know I like you right..?"

You smiled and looked away. "I mean- Yeah just like you like the boys and kie-"

"Y/n that's not what i mean and don't act like you don't know that already."

You looked back up at his chocolate brown eyes your hands starting to warm by his genuine voice. "You like me?" You asked your voice soft.

Pope brought you closer and held you to his chest. "I like you more than anyone else on this stupid planet we uselessly spin on.."

You held your breath the words you wanted to say not being able to leave your thoughts. "I love you Pope."

words: 621