10

Noah,
I know youre smart, and i was hoping youd answer this: if addicts are addicted to something life-threatening, and they want to stop but cant, why is that? I know the body becomes reliant on whatever it is someone is addicted to, but it sucks. there's nothing anyone can do to stop addiction, and i hate that.

Besides that, i was hoping we could hang tonight? your place is kind of my ideal spot, but any where is okay.

Love yours truly, Cody

Noah read as he walked out of school, bag on his back and paper in his hand. He was concerned for Cody. He didn't know if he was this unnamed addict, or someone else. He'd never written or talked like this, so why now?

Just then, Cody ran up behind Noah, and grabbed his shoulders.

"Get my letter?" Cody asked. He seemed happy, which confused the smarter boy even more.

"Yeah," Noah replied. "Hey, you got work today?" Cody shook his head left to right. "Come on, we're going to my place."

"Your parents won't mind?" It was Noah's turn to shake his head now.

"No, they're pretty chill. Used to it by now, i'm the youngest of eight. My brothers and sisters brought over random old men and they wouldn't care." Cody was surprised, but also in a way not.

---

As they reached Noah's house, an older woman ran out the door and kissed both of Cody's pale freckled cheeks.

"You must be the boy-" Noah grumbled the words "mum, stop," between his clenched teeth before pushing Cody through the door.

Cody helped himself to discover all the rooms in Noah's big house. There were a lot of toys and kids, screaming as well.

Kids ran around the house, scurrying along like little mice on the floorboards. Cody didn't have a big family like this, so he didn't really understand it. He didn't have any cousins, none that visted atleast, and he was in only child, so no neices or nephews.

"You alright, mate?" A tall male, who resembled Noah quite well, asked in a monotone voice.

"Yeah, just- why so many kids?" Cody didn't intend to sound the way he did, it just slid out.

"Your with Noah?" The brunette nodded silently. "Well, there's Noah, me, seven other older siblings. And then, since were all here for mum's birthday, all our kids. Besides Noah, 'cause he's, y'know?" Before Cody could say anything about Noah's amount of fay in him, Noah's mother cut him off.

"Of course he knows, Nathan, he's his boyfriend." Cody was more focused on why Noah's brother, Nathan, had said "mum" instead of "our mum," because that's how every one else talked about their parents to some one who wasn't in the family. Maybe every one had thought Cody was Noah's already, so they wanted him to feel welcomed.

"Not my boyfriend, mum. Cody, come on, dinner," Noah waved a hand in front of the brunette while talking.

"Sorry, yeah."

A/N- sorry this ones short and late ive been trying to get my friends who broke up not to kts and ive been binging the south park games. insomnia is bad, but so is my need to work on this story