☆ chap 4

Friday, 12:34 pm
Kaede: good luck shuichi!!! i'm so excited to meet ur new friend

"Kaito, I don't think the new guy would want the middle bed." Shuichi awkwardly stood by the bed, watching as Kaito aligned the pillows and covers nicely, hitting it a few times in order to get some dust off.

"Well i'm definitely not giving up mine! Unless you want to give up yours?" Kaito turned around to face him, cocking an eyebrow.

Shuichi shook his head, hovering a hand over his mouth as he fell into his thoughts. He wonders how this new mystery person was going to be like. Were they going to be warm and feel welcomed? Or the harsh, snappy type? Jesus, he really shouldn't overthink this so much and just get it over with.

It was any second now that Miu was going to text them, letting them know to go into the dormitory hall to meet up with the new guy.

He pulled his phone out of his back pocket, swiping up his messages as he stared at the blinking cursor, that looked directly back at him, thumbs hovering over the keyboard.

Shuichi: haha yeah... if we do become friends..

Kaede: i'm sure u will. if anything i'll help u if u want

Shuichi: it's okay. thank u kaede

Kaede: anytime

Shuichi smiled to himself as his heart fluttered. Kaede was such a kind friend to him, he valued their friendship more than anything. He knew he could tell her anything and everything at any time, she'd always listen to him.

"I'm so hyped, man! Finally someone new to look forward to!" Kaito let his shoulders drop, feeling accomplished as he looked around the clean room, proud of his and Shuichi's cleaning work.

"I don't know Kaito, i'm skeptical." He trailed off, a sigh slipping past his lips. "It was kind of nice with just you and me around." Shuichi shrugged.

Kaito looked at him for a brief moment, before his expression softened. "Agh, I know sidekick. But don't worry, our friendship will never crumble! You know you always got me no matter what!" He bumped his fists together, smiling brightly at Shucihi.

His friends meant everything to him, he was more than grateful for all of his friendships. It was so comforting to hear someone talk to you that, reassuring you that they're always there for you. "Thank you, Kaito." He smiled back.

Miu:  GO OUT THR DOOR THE DOOR THE DOOR AURGHAURGH

Shuichi felt his phone buzz in his hands, looking down to see the text notification he'd just received. "Okay, Miu texted me. We need to leave."

Kaito smiled proudly, nodding as he looked over to Shuichi's phone, the smile being replaced with more of an amused frown. "Did she just bark at you over text?"

"I genuinely don't know."

They both shrugged, before the pair scrambled over to the door, shutting it with a thud. It was any moment now that the mystery guy was going to show up and that'll be the person they're going to have to live with for the next 10 months. Shuichi genuinely doesn't know if he's excited, worried or nervous. Man, he overthinks a lot.

"From what i've heard, he got into a bad fight and was sent over here." Kaito scratched the back of his neck, shrugging. "I wonder what went down."

A fight? That was the only reason he got sent here? "That sounds tough, I guess." He awkwardly chuckled.

"At least that's what Miu told me. She didn't want to give any details out." Kaito claimed. "Just a small fight."

"Who would get sent to boarding school after a small fight?" Shuichi raised an eyebrow, folding his arms.