☆ chap 6

Wednesday, 11:22 pm
Shuichi:   Thx for Sunday, again.

Kokichi jolted awake once again, although this time wasn't as peaceful as the other time. Venom filled his blood as he felt a hard lump in his throat. He felt his shirt stick to his chest and back, tears streaming down his face, wide-eyed staring at the wall in front of him. His breaths felt so uneven, so so uneven he could barely catch them, like he was choking. Choking on thin air.

Jesus Christ it hasn't been this bad in ages. He had no fucking Miu by his side to shut him up and help him sleep which was so irritating considering the fact that he can't go to her now, the CCTV here at night was insane. There's a 99% chance she's fast asleep. His mind wasn't even in the right state to pull his phone out now, let alone type anything out.

Shuichi shuffled in his sleep, an irritated groan leaving his lips quietly as his eyes just barely peeled open, his blurred vision spotting the Kokichi that was sitting in his bed. "Kokichi?" He let out groggily, watching as the younger male's head snapped towards his direction abruptly.

As soon as Shuichi saw the state he was in, his eyes felt more awake than ever as they widened, he himself sitting up. Kokichi was wet from his neck, the stains on his shirt saying everything. His eyes were wide and filled with nothing - no emotion, no sparkle as small tears slipped down his cheek silently. His whole face was so wet, as well and his breaths looked short and unsteady.

"Wh-what happened?" He threw the covers off himself, rushing over to his side as he sat on his bed next to him. Kokichi didn't even speak, just stared at him silently as he shook his head, unable to form a proper sentence.

From what he knows so far, he knew Kokichi had gotten nightmares before. But Miu didn't exactly say what nightmares so he had no idea they were this extreme.

Yeah, he does get nightmares often. Nothing much he usually just picks himself back up and goes outside to take a deep breath of air. The extreme ones are super rare, so no need to worry.

Yeah, super rare. This must be some occasion then, because this looked beyond extreme. The fact that he couldn't even brush it off and lie about it sent chills down Shuichi's spine.

"Do you.. wanna talk about it?" He gulped, fully expecting Kokichi's answer.

He shook his head, eyebrows turned upwards as his eyes shot from Shuichi's chest to his face, up and down. "No. I just.." Kokichi gulped.

Shuichi cursed under his breath, trying to think of anything Miu said that could help his nightmares. Yet nothing seemed to come to his mind as he mentally groaned. Miu obviously didn't have the best techniques, but if they calmed Kokichi down then that is something already.

"Do you want me to help you? Like, calm down?" He whispered gently, rubbing his back in circles, feeling wet spread across the palm of his hand from the sweat but he didn't care - he payed no mind.

He was just trying to help his new friend out. And it pained him to see Kokichi in a state like this.  Shuichi looked over at Kaito, sprawled out on the bed. He slept like a log, so there were no hopes for him to wake up right now.

"I don't- I don't know." Kokichi shrugged, his expression as blank as ever, waterfalls of tears running down his face. He payed no attention to them, not even trying to hide them as this point.

He really had no idea what to do. He wanted to help him so bad but he's never been in a situation like this before, which makes him want to slap himself in the face. The only person he knew that had gotten nightmares before was Kaede, but not ones were she shook and was drenched in sweat.