☆ chap 7

Rantaro: It's behind the wood shop with the old man who's worked there for like 30 years lol. it's small and hidden but perfect and we don't have to climb plenty of flights of stairs everyday

Kokichi's thumb swiped over the message, lollipop in his mouth as he sat on his bed sprawled out, texting Rantaro about the new place.

Rantaro: [sent location]

Kokichi squinted his eyes, pressing the attachment, watching as his phone took him to google maps. He zoomed into the location, eyes scanning over all of the other places next to it.

Kokichi: r u there rn?

Rantaro: no. But i'm like 98% sure angie is there rn if u want a photo?

Kokichi: yh

From afar, it looked fairly comfortable and well hidden, therefore no one could find them and kick them out, or even call the cops.

Rantaro: It's better irl promise

Kokichi: wow ran ran!!!!!! good job!!!!!

Suddenly, the door opened widely, with a standing Shuichi in the doorway, keys in his hands. "Where's Kaito?" He asked, observing as Kokichi shifted slightly, his eyes not even looking up at him.

"Gym." He muttered. Shuichi slowly started undressing from his coat, hanging on the rack and flopping his shoes off somewhere. It was a bit awkward now, since Kaito wasn't here. They haven't been alone since Kokichi's nightmare.

Kokichi's expression didn't look uncomfortable nor stressed, yet inside he was practically dying. He's done everything, and I mean absolutely everything to avoid alone time with Shuichi at all costs, just to steer clear from the questions about his problems.

He's already found out a lot about Shuichi in the nearly three weeks they've known each other, he's noticed the male observes his behavior a lot, which has made him more aware of what he tells him.

Although he hates how nosy Shuichi is, he's very fond of the boy. Shuichi has definitely gained some of his trust already which was rare, for some odd reason Kokichi felt mostly safe around Shuichi. Probably because of his ways of comfort.

"Are you okay?" Shuichi spoke up, moving to his own bed and sitting on the edge, eyes averting to Kokichi's tense posture on the bed.

"Hm?" He smiled brightly. "I'm okay, Shuichi! Why do you ask?"

Shuichi's eyebrows knitted together, noticing the dark eye bags above Kokichi's bright grin. He thought the nightmares have calmed down since Kokichi hadn't had woken him up at all since that night, but obviously he didn't trust him enough to do that. He felt his chest sting slightly.

"You don't look okay, Kokichi." He said softly, observing the way his expression flattened for a second.

"I'm okay." He chuckled, rolling his eyes playfully and shutting his phone off. "No need to worry, Shuichi! You'd be just wasting your time." Kokichi shrugged, the playful and bright expression returning on his pale face.

He wasn't convinced at all. So much lies filled those words, he refused to believe that Kokichi has been okay recently. But he was obviously hiding it and as much as Shuichi wanted to let it go, he was worried and curious. It was eating him alive, like he won't rest until he knows his friend is doing better.

"You've had nightmares recently, haven't you?"

Kokichi gulped, unexpected by the sudden question. "Why do you care?"

Shuichi blinked, a bit taken aback, but nonetheless, continued the conversation. "I just do. I don't want you to suffer."

"Well, i'm not suffering." He sighed shakily, folding his arms and turning his head away, refusing to make eye contact. "I just had a bad night then, it happens to everyone."