"Mechanicsville"

DAMIEN | POV

Ray pulled into the driveway of Faith's house. I opened the door off the truck and shut it behind me. The noise must have made more noise than I thought, because before I knew it Imani came running out the door towards me.

Her little arms gripped me tighter than I could imagine.

"Love you too kid." I rubbed her head before standing up. I look up and see Faith and Des watching from the porch.

"Hey stranger." Faith said jokingly.

I walked up to her and whispered to her so Imani wouldnt hear me. "We gotta talk."

Once we were in the backyard I began. "What is this about people eating other people?"

"I don't know anymore than you do." Faith claimed.

"What about Terrance?" I asked her. "He's gathering up family." Faith sighed.

I stopped walking. "Should we help him?" I asked.

"No, he strictly asked us not to." She continued. "After me and Des sent out Ray to go looking for you we don't want anyone more scattered around than they need to be." She explained to me.

"Either way I have to go get Miguel." I told her.

"You don't he's already on his way, I called earlier." She calmed me.

I sat down on the brick steps.

"Always sticking your neck out for him aren't you?" Faith looks at me.

"He's my best friend." I look off into the distance.

She smiles and looks away. "I know I'm just messing."

"Come on let's head inside." I say.

I open the door and see Deja talking to Imani on the couch.

"I haven't heard back from Andrea in a few hours." Des walks up to me.

"She'll make it." I say out loud, mainly to reassure myself.

"Deja has been trying to keep Imani distracted." Des informs me.

"I appreciate it." I thank her.

Deja and Imani step outside in the porch. I plot myself down on the couch and let out a burst of air. Faith sits down next to me.

"Remember the first few summers you were down here?" She asks.

"Of course." I look at her.

"I miss when we were all just a bit younger." She went on.

"We all used to think we had so much going on in our lives, but this everything that's going on now makes all that stuff seem so much more stupid, and small. She says.

"Seriously." I look up.

I close my eyes.

My eyes twitch back open once I hear two more car doors open and close from outside.

"Guys!" Deja screams from outside.

Me and Faith dash towards the door.

Author Notes

Welp there's the cliff hanger. This is probably the most important chapter yet in the story. I tried to set up a lot in this chapter. Hopefully it wasn't to much to comprehend.

Who arrived? You'll just have to wait and see!

Don't wanna drag these notes on too long just in case I accidentally spoil something.

Bye for now readers..