"Bound"

DAMIEN | POV

Blacked out blur, my vision was coming back to life. My head felt woozy. They had knocked me out. I guess I put up to much struggle for thier liking.

When I rose up I was in a room with wooden walls and a pulled up damaged carpet floor. I figured I was in a house.

Footsteps echoed somewhere else inside of the structure that I was in. The person I heard was definitely descending.

I looked for a way out of my bindings.

The rope that binded me was tight.

A sliver of light peered in through a boarded wooden window. The walls were wooden too. I wasn't panicking but I felt groggy and slow as I sat up on the floor. I looked around for something to remove the rope binding on my hands.

As I scanned the room around me the door opened and a person stepped into the room with a white mask with black engravings on it. She wore a hood too. I could tell it was a woman by the long hair coming down her shoulders.

I figured it was the same person who held me up. I hadn't seen anyone else around here up to this point.

My question was answered when she spoke. The voice sounded the same.

"Your awake." She spoke.

"No shit." I replied sarcastically.

She looked at me. "The smart ass type huh?"

I looked down at the floor and then my glaze slowly focused back towards her.

"What do you want from me." I asked.

She looked deep into my eyes.

"I don't know yet." She kneeled down to me on the ground.

It was silent for a few moments then she started to speak again.

"I was gonna rob you but you don't really have anything that good on you." She claimed

She looked into my eyes. "I can't let you just go back to your people, you'll just come after us." She said.

She said us? Meaning she was part of a bigger group. I didn't point that out for now. I had no real plan of how to escape yet considering the fact there are definitely more people here keeping a lookout.

"We don't want to go after you, I just want to go home." I stated.

"Even if that was true the storm is too bad to travel right now anyways." She claimed.

I sighed and rested my head against the wall.

"I didn't want to rob you ya know." She said to me.

I glanced at her. "Yeah."

MIGUEL | POV

Dazed I stood up brushing off dirt and nearby rubble from a nearby destroyed living camper.

"Andrea where are you!" I yelled through the storm,calling out to her."

My vision was fogged from the storm. I couldn't find her in these conditions. I felt like I was losing everyone.

First Damien and now Andrea.

Most of the other were in the main central storage building where we keep food, weapons, supplies, the whole nine yards basically. Lookouts had been setup to see others who had been left out in the storm. They had to be nearby.

If we didn't all pull together now this whole place was gonna crumble right in our hands.

We'd worked to hard to let this place slip away from us like this.

I just knew they were out there, somewhere.

JAVON | POV

Word got around pretty quickly to me and everyone else that my brother was outside the walls in that storm. Ray wouldn't let me join the search party for him. He said I was too young. I was tired of everyone treating me like a kid.

I was thirteen they needed to let me grow up. at least that's what my brother told me. Damien said that he'd teach me how to shoot, the basics to defend myself if I were to run into danger outside.

I sat around a fireplace with my sister Imani and Terrance. He had been part of the group that went out trying to find my brother before the storm got too bad.

They failed but he still had my respect for trying. I could tell he felt a little bad for me, but I didn't want sympathy.

I just wanted my brother back.

"I know you tried." I spoke.

He turned around only half looking my in the face. "I'm sorry bro." He apologized.

"Nah dawg it's alright." I said. "He'll be back." I claimed.

I looked at my sister. "He always comes back."