"Around The Block"

MIGUEL | POV

"Can't believe I found you like that." I looked at Andrea.

"I thought you were a cleanly person." I poked fun at Andrea's bloodied clothes. She giggled it off.

She pushed my shoulder. "Let's pick it up, we are almost there."

My phone was going to die soon. Not like it would matter anyway. The calls weren't going through ever since yesterday.

"Guess what I found before we left." She smiled at me.

"Hmm?" I turned my head towards her.

She stuck out a pack of ramen noodles. My eyes lit up with excitement and hunger. "Fuck yeah!" I balled my fist up.

I would eat it the first chance I got, I thought to myself. We still had a lot of daylight left, it was probably only one or two in the afternoon.

A military truck zoomed past the road ahead. "Fuck let's go around I whispered to Andrea. We shuffled over towards the other side of the street, and behind two buildings. We waited a few seconds before looking around the corner.

Looking around the corner a soldier hopped out of the truck and loaded his rifle. There was a woman crawling away on the side walk, leaving a trail of blood behind her.

"Oh God." Andrea yelled under her breath.

The woman cried. "No, no please." A gunshot echoed off in the street. There was no more noise except the door slamming when the man got back in the truck.

The tires scratched off the ground as the truck ran off. Me and Andrea sat in shock for a moment behind the building trying to gather ourselves.

I tapped Andrea on the shoulder and pointed to the sign that read Turnpike. "Let's go." I said.

DES | POV

Terrance ran in and out the house gathering up everything and stuffing it in the car out front. Faith sat down on the bed with me.

I picked the scabs off my legs while rubbing my wounds.

Terrance ran through the door. "Change of plans we gotta go!" I sat up. "Whats going on?"

I grabbed my bag from the side of the bed.

"The people they're here!" He claimed.

"The people?" I asked being confused.

Terrance banged on the door impatiently. "You know the sick ones!"

"I'm coming!" I opened the door.

I rush outside to the sight of people overcome with sickness. the house was surrounded on three sides. I've seen what happens if they get too close.

Damien stops Ray on the way to the car. "We're just gonna leave them behind?" He yells.

"We don't have a choice." Ray says firmly. Damien steps back.

"What if it was Desarie out there?" He questions.

I watch from the porch. He doesn't answer Damien's question.

"I'm not leaving without them." Damien settles.

"You won't have to." I look to my left and it's Miguel and Andrea.

They made it.

Author Notes

Be ready for the next chapter. It'll probably have more dialogue than I'm prepared to sit down and write, but if that's what it takes I'll get it done.

Still figuring out the ropes off Wattpad since I haven't been on in a year or so. BARE WITH ME.

Nothing much to talk about in these letters.

See y'all in the next chapter. "Haul"