don't look down

A young hero is injured in the midst of a  training battle and is unaware of his injury due to shock until the antagonist on the opposing team walks over to gloat and suddenly cuts the joking behavior. Paling at the sight of his wound, he shakily walks over and quietly begins to try to keep hero calm, although stuttering, which, startles and unnerves the boy, nearly makes him look down to see what everyone is staring at.
The antagonist drops his sword and grabs the boys face and speaks shakily.

"Hey-Look at me, okay, look at me bud, I'm not going to hurt you, you'll be alright, see? No sword, I'm not gonna hurt you, truce, okay? Friends.
I'm-I'm gonna ask you to do me a favor, okay?
Just one, Can you do that for me?
I need you to promise me you'll look at me.
Just look at me, okay?
Can you keep your eyes on me?
Okay?
Just whatever you do, don't look down. Okay, don't-NO DON'T-DON'T LOOK DOWN.
You're... you're gonna be okay.
You're doing great, just one more, one more thing, alright?
keep breathing... that's it... keep breathing and keep looking at me, okay? Don't look down.
See? You're doing great!
Alright, Are-are you in p-pain... anywhere? Does It hurt?
No?
OK... ok, just... just keep looking at me,
Don't look at anyone else, okay?

We're going... we're going to do something fun, alright?
Can you dance?
It'll be like dancing, okay?
It's just a little different.
You're gonna put your feet on mine and follow my lead, got it?
Okay, okay, take your left foot and move it back-SLOWLY...Slowly...
there are go...
now your right foot back slowly...
good...
You're alright it's alright no pranks, just
left foot back again...
right foot back...
left foot back...
Okay, right foot back Half a step, okay? Okay... That's the easy part, now the hard part, I'm gonna go over-nono it's-I'm not leaving, I'm right here - I'm gonna put my arm under here to hold you, and we're going to very slowly sit down,
Can you do that?
Easy...
Easy there...
There... OK,"

One of the teachers comes over and puts his jacket over the boys' side, to cover so he can't see, and begins working on the wound.
The boy glances down and begins to breathe fast, having spotted the massive pool of blood gathering quickly.
The antagonist grabs his shoulders tightly and tries to keep reassuring him, lifting his face to meet his eyes and laying him gently back as the hero clutches the antagonists hand tightly, blood trickling from his lips.

"Nonono, nono, you're OK, We got you You're going to be alright, just look at me, don't worry, you're going to be okay, you're alright, you're okay, just focus on the two things, alright? Can you do that? Can you do those two things for me?
That's it, that's all you need to do
Just keep breathing, OK?
Keep breathing.
You don't even have to look at me just...

Don't look down."