ETL| DoYouReally?

9

New York City
Few days later
June 15th 2022

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

"I can't deal with this." Kalei said looking at him with pain in her eyes while holding Amil getting up.

"Kalei, Mommy... how long I been in here?"He said looking around seeing Kalei, Amil, Darryl, Polo, Katana and Seven.

"2 days... Do you know how scared I was? You could have fucking died Samir." Kalei said calling him by his middle name...

He just knew he was gon be on lockdown as soon as he was out of here.

"But I didn't die mommy." Dupree said reaching for her hand making him wince in pain at the movement.

"Stop moving." Kalei said goin right back to his bed side.

"I thought I lost you Samir." Kalei said sitting ona edge of the bed.

"I'm straight okay? I'm good, relax Mommy, They couldn't take no real nigga out." I said laughing to lighten to mood.

"Dddadaaa." Amil said reaching for Dupree as Kalei hesitantly handed the baby to him.

There was a knock at the door causing everyone to look at the door

In walked a beautiful brownskin woman with almond eyes and plump lips.

"Wassup." Dupree said nodding his head. Dupree and Ashley had been fucking around for about a month, he had actually took a liking to her.

Ashley was a bartender at a club Dupree was working on buying. They met there when Dupree was having a bad day because of Kalei.

"Hey." She said looking at Dupree worried seeing all the people that were in the hospital room.

"We'll give y'all a min." Kalei said sensing the energy makin everyone else follow out of the room.

"Are you okay?" Ashley said looking everywhere but his face.

"Yea.. I'm straight." I said shrugging. "I didn't really know what to bring you but I got you a card..." She said still looking at the ground sitting it ona ledge.

"Cmere." Dupree said licking his lips looking at her.

She was very beautiful to him. It was rare for Dupree to take a liking to someone. Especially after his baby mother.

He couldn't quite put a finger on why she was intresting to him.

"I appreciate you coming down hea checking fa me." Dupree said laughing scooting over so she could sit next to him.

"It's the least I could do." She said shrugging messing wit her hands.

Dupree didn't understand why she was so nervous around him.

"Look at me." Dupree said grabbing her chin gently.

"When you talk to me look at me Beloved." Dupree said looking at her lips.