Tired of Ponies (Nora Dahrk)

Nora is tired of ponies. Y/N tries to convince the next pony wanting kid to ask for another thing instead. Soft fluff.

"Uh oh. Pony again?" Y/N questions as her wife storms into their new house, dressed in horse gear. Her face says it all.

"No, I'm wearing this for fun, Y/N," Nora sighs "I hate ponies. This last one decided to kick me."

"Poor baby. Are you ok? I made your favorite for dinner: roast chicken and mashed potatoes," Y/N coos, kissing Nora's head.

"I'm fine. Just a bruise. Thanks for making dinner, love," Nora yawns.

Nora kicks her boots off as Y/N goes and plates the chicken and potatoes. She sets the plates down and takes her seat across from Nora. They dig in.

"Hey, how about I come with you to your next gig in case the kid wants a pony? I can be very convincing," Y/N smiles.

"I'll take you up on that," Nora chuckles, "I'm so sick of ponies."

******

About a week later, Nora is fairy god mothering a little girl named Blakely. The girl is four years old and animal-obsessed, specifically with horses as she lives on a horse ranch with her parents, convienentally about an hour away from her and Y/N's house. Y/N gets a text from Nora that simply reads: Save me from the ponies. Y/N chuckles and texts back that she is on her way. She finds the pair in the barn where the little girl is feeding the three horses.

"That's a lot of ponies," Y/N states.

"They're horses, not ponies. Who are you?" Blakely quips.

"I'm Y/N, Nora's wife. Now, kiddo, I see you have three whole horses already. How would you feel about another animal? A fish, perhaps?" Y/N questions, wrapping her arm around Nora's waist. Nora cuddles into her, smiling. 

"Hmm. Fish are boring. They just swim and don't do anything," Blakely sighs.

"Snake?" Y/N tries, "Or a cat?"

"My brother is scared of snakes and Mommy is allergic to cats," Blakely counters.

"Dog? You can go on walks with them and teach them cool stuff," Y/N tries. Who doesn't love a good dog?

"Dog! Fairy godmother, I want a dog as my new friend, please. A big fluffy one," Blakely decides, turning towards Nora.

"I think that can be arranged," Nora agrees, thankful she won't have to deal with another temperamental pony. 

The kid ends up with a golden retriever adopted from the local shelter whose previous owner passed away (A/N: adopt or shop responsibly!). The dog is only three and has a long happy life ahead of him with this new owner. Once the kid releases Nora, the pair head back to the animal shelter, eager to look at the animals in need of homes. 

"Babe, I think we need a dog," Y/N states as she takes in a six-month-old beagle mix named Clarence, who is chasing his tail.

"Very well, my love. We can get a puppy, but you're cleaning up after him," Nora agrees. As a child, she never had the opportunity to be around dogs, but can't help but be drawn toward the small, clumsy puppy.

"Deal," Y/N grins, happy that Nora did not have to deal with any ponies and that they have a new furry member of the family.