My Safe Place (Teenage Natalie Scattorcio)

Y/N knocks on Natalie's window late at night. TW: abuse  and domestic violence

It's late at night. Natalie Scattorcio is still awake, listening to her favorite band, Nirvana. Her mother is passed out drunk on the couch somewhere. There's a knock at the window and Natalie's heart races at the sudden noise as she glances towards the window. She sees the shadow of a teenage girl standing there. 

Natalie recognizes the girl as Y/N Y/L/N, her longtime girlfriend. Y/N also lives in the trailer park with her angry drunk of a father and her six-year-old brother, Tatum. Natalie quickly opens the window and ushers her girlfriend inside. Unfortunately, this is not the first time Y/N has come knocking late at night, often after a fight with her father. Sure enough, Y/N is sporting a busted lip and a black eye.

"Shit babe. I swear I'm going to kill your shit hole of a father one of these days," Natalie sighs.

"It's not that bad. Tatum's fine. Locked him in his room," Y/N replies.

"I'm glad he's okay, but you're not. Sit. I'm going to get some ice," Natalie instructs, kissing Y/N's head before heading off to grab an ice pack from the fridge. 

The girl knows how protective Y/N is over her baby brother, but fears for her girlfriend's safety. Natalie knows angry drunks. While her late father never hit her, she grew up watching him beat up her mother. Her mother is no mother of the year and a heavy drinker as well, but at least she never physically abuses her. Natalie returns with the ice and places it on Y/N's swollen eye.

"You can come stay with me at night, you know. Mom's passed out by nine most nights. You can sneak out in the morning. I'm sure Van would let you stay at her place as well," Natalie offers. 

"I'm not leaving Tatum. He's just a baby, Nat, and won't understand why he has to be quiet and stay in your room. There's no way your mom wouldn't notice a six-year-old running around. I'll talk to Van about about renting the spare room she and her mom have, though. She's offered before. I've got some money saved up from working at the restaurant," Y/N replies.

"Okay. But you're staying for the night. I'm not letting you go back there," Natalie agrees.

"Fine, but I am going to grab Tatum. Dad's going to be passed out. I may or may not have hit him over the head with a frying pan," Y/N shrugs, "Put Tatum down for the night before I came over here".

"Just be careful. Grab the kid and come right back, ok?" Natalie sighs.

"I'll be fine, Nat. Be right back," Y/N assures her girlfriend, kissing her softly before heading out.

Sure enough, Y/N is back within ten minutes. In her arms is her sleeping little brother, wrapped in a blanket. Natalie takes him as Y/N passes him through the window. Y/N climbs in after and locks the window.

"I'll just put him on the bean bag," Natalie whispers as she gently places the child down onto the black bean bag chair she has in the corner. 

"Mk. We should get some sleep. It's Monday tomorrow and I gotta get up early to get him to school," Y/N yawns.

"Yeah. Plus early morning practice. Thanks, Coach Martinez," Nat groans.

They prepare for bed, changing into pajamas and brushing their teeth. Nat can't help but swoon over the sight of Y/N in her pajamas. They climb into bed. Natalie may act all tough, but she's a total cuddler when it comes to Y/N. As they lay in Natalie's bed, she wraps her arm around Y/N, who snuggles into the blonde's chest. Y/N sighs happily.

"I love you. You're my safe place, you know that?" Y/N says softly.

"I know. You're my safe place, too. I love you more than anything. Now, sleep," Natalie replies, kissing Y/N's head.

Y/N drifts off and Nat soon follows, happy that Y/N and her little brother are safe and sound, at least for the night.