BBQ (Clarke Griffin)

The girls get together for a backyard barbeque. 

"Hi there Maddie. You here to help me?" Y/N asks as her one-and-a-half-year-old toddles outside into the backyard. 

She smiles at Clarke, who is watching from the backdoor, to let her know she's got Maddie. Clarke heads back inside to prep the food for the barbeque while Y/N turns her attention back to her little dark haired, brown eyed girl. Maddie babbles happily, reaching for Y/N. Y/N picks her up and places her on her hip and she starts to set the table up with various plastic wear and napkins. 

Soon, Raven, Octavia, Lexa, and Anya will be arriving for a barbeque along with their kids. Raven and Octavia's daughter, Aurora Jane Blake-Reyes, affectionately known as A.J, just turned four and is a firecracker with a hankering for tools. She is the spitting image of Octavia. Lexa and Anya's son, Aden Laine Woods, is eight months old and is a happy, bubbly baby who is a mini Anya but with Lexa's blue-green eyes. 

Y/N gives Maddie a plastic spoon to play with and she is just finishing setting up when Raven and Octavia arrive with A.J. A.J is dressed in overalls and a red t-shirt with some velcro sneakers on her feet, her dark hair in pigtails. She grins at the sight of her Aunt Y/N.

"Hey guys," Y/N smiles, passing Maddie to Raven when the baby reaches for her.

"Hi. We brought pie," Octavia replies, "I'll drop it in the kitchen."

"Sounds good. Grab Clarke while you in there," Y/N nods.

"Aunt Y/N, can I go play with the sandbox?" A.J asks.

"Go ahead, kiddo," Y/N agrees, earning a happy squeal from the little girl.

Clarke comes out with the hot dogs and salad, placing the salad on the table and handing the hot dogs to Y/N to grill, smiling at her guests.

"Hey! Where's the beer?" Anya states as she and Lexa make their entrance.

"In the cooler. How about a hello?" Clarke jokes, "And hand me that baby." 

"Hi. Please, take him. He has learned how to pull hair," Lexa sighs, handing over her son. 

"Is that right? Are you causing trouble, young man?" Clarke asks.

She tickles the baby's tummy, causing him to giggle. Jealous at the attention her cousin is getting, Maddie pulls on Anya's pants. She holds her arms up and pouts. Unable to resist the adorable pout, Anya picks her her niece and sets her on her hip. Y/N chuckles at the proud look that comes across her daughter's face and she starts to grill the hot dogs. 

******

After dinner and lots of playtime while the grownups talk, the kids are exhausted. A.J. ends up asleep on the couch while Maddie falls asleep in Clarke's arms, and "ShAden in Anya's. Soon the guests bid goodbye as they needed to get their little ones home for the night. As Clarke tucks Maddie into her crib, Y/N puts all the dishes into the dishwasher and gets ready for bed herself. She smiles as Clarke enters their bedroom.

"Hey. She go down ok?" Y/N questions.

"Didn't even stir when I put her in her crib. She's getting so big," Clarke replies as she prepares for bed herself. 

She climbs into bed with Y/N and cuddles into her, laying her head on Y/N's chest. She wraps her arm around her wife lovingly. Clarke smiles softly as she drifts off to sleep. As Y/N watches her wife sleep, she thanks her lucky stars for her loving wife and their perfect daughter.