Chapter 2: Welcome Home, (Name)!

The next morning, (Name) was awakened by the sound of his door opening, which he fully expected to be one of his parents so he slowly opened his eyes, only to see a small vastaya girl standing there awkwardly.

Her black hair was falling past her shoulders and in them was a pair of fox ears. Her golden eyes shifted from (Name) to the floor quickly, it also seemed like she couldn't sit still out of anxiety. When they both made eye contact, she looked like she tried to say something but then ran out of the door, leaving it wide open.

(Name) blinked in confusion, not sure what the hell had just transpired but he shrugged, grabbing his phone and putting it in his pocket. He walked down the stairs and he heard footsteps, the other two girls had joined the vastaya and they were coming down the stairs after him.

Hiding behind the other two, the vastaya girl spoke up. "M-Mom and Dad wanted you to know that if you weren't ready for school today. You can stay home and unpack all of your st-uff." She choked out, making (Name) glance between the other two girls for confirmation.

The left looked to be slightly younger than him, around fifteen or sixteen. She had dark blue hair to the point where it was almost black and eyes of the same color. She wore a silver circlet in her hair that came to her forehead to end. She seemed calm and regal, an intelligent one defintely.

The other one was around the same age. She had raven hair and eyes the same color as the little vastaya girl. She had several tattoos on her arms and waist. Unlike the other two, she didn't seem too phased by his existence in the home. A wave came from her along with a smile.

"Yo, good morning!" She greeted him, seeming awfully chipper with someone she didn't know.

"Uh, good morning, you three?" Waving back gently, he turned and continued on down the stairs into the kitchen where his mother and father stopped their conversation to gaze at him. His mother was clearly excited, sprinting at (Name) to hug him. She wrapped her son in a tight hug and placed a kiss on his cheek, it seemed like only yesterday that he was leaving to her sisters house as a little boy. Now here he was, an adult.

(Name) smiled and hugged his mom back, picking her up off of the ground easily and spinning with the momentum so they didn't fall. He set her back down and smiled down at her. His father came over and the two men hugged shortly, it wasn't the most affectionate reunion but it clearly meant something to the both of them by the smiles on their faces.

"Hey guys."

"Well well, if it isn't Junior? How ya been?" His father asked him, poking him in the chest and laughing a bit.

"It's been pretty good, got scholarships lined up for me and other alternatives to a regular college." The younger man responded, chuckling to himself.

"My baby! I'm so happy to see you, you've been gone forever." His mother placed her hand on his cheek and (Name) held it there.

"I'm here now. I don't plan on going anywhere for a while anyways. Besides, there's another thing to address." His eyes went to glance at the girls and his parents nodded softly.

"We adopted them after you left. They're from Ionia and you know how things are over there so we brought them here to give them a chance to live their lives freely." His mother told him, walking behind the three girls and putting her hands on the tattooed one and the vastaya's shoulders.

"These are your sisters, (Name). Girls, this is your big brother." The tattooed teen girl came up and she held her hand out. Now (Name) had a 50/50 flip, she was either going for a dap up or a handshake. So he decided that he'd dap her up. The two dapped up and she punched (Name) gently.
"Names Akali."