Chapter 6: All Time Low

The bell let out the students for their lunch period and (Name) was walking through the hall, currently on his way to find Evelynn, who had agreed to finally sit down with the group as a member of the usual lunch group.

She currently stood outside her classroom door, speaking to a rather tall boy around (Name)'s height. He had short pink hair and some type of animal ears. He was wearing a wife beater under a black leather jacket and black jeans. Evelynn kept her eyes on him but she clearly wasn't entirely comfortable with the situation.

(Name) watched, deciding to let this pan out a little bit. Maybe this guy would pick up the fact that Evelynn wasn't comfortable and leave. If not, then he'd step in. There was no need to make a fool out of himself.

"Come on, Eve. Come back to my place with me tonight." He told her and Evelynn held onto her belongings tightly, keeping her eyes on the male.

"I- I don't know. I have plans with friends tonight. I'd rather not flake on them." The platinum haired woman replied, (Name) had never seen such a reaction from Evelynn, or even heard her stutter around him even once.

"Please, your "friends"? You mean that Kai'Sa girl and those three little brats attached to your hip?" The guy asked her, crossing his arms against his chest.

"Don't talk about them like that. I may have slightly considered it but now that you've insulted my friends, I'm definitely not going anywhere with you." She stated, grabbing her bag off of the floor but the guy in front of her didn't take that too well.

"Evelynn, there's a guy, isn't there?" He asked her, getting dangerously close with a glare on his face.

"I-"

"Eve! Babe!" (Name) rounded the corner, looking both right and left for a second until he spotted her. The guy withdrew from Evelynn and (Name) placed his arm around Evelynn's shoulders.

"There you are! I been looking for you all day baby. You weren't in the cafeteria this morning." (Name) spoke, an unusually happy tone to his words, he gave Evelynn a look that told her to play along with this.

"(Name)! I was on my way when he stopped to talk to me." Gesturing to the guy in front of them while looked (Name) up and down. "(Name), this is Sett, my ex boyfriend. Sett, this is (Name), my boyfriend."

(Name) offered his hand to Sett to shake but Sett glared at both him and Evelynn for a second. A smile appeared in its place and he shook (Name)'s hand, holding onto the other males hand tightly. "Well well, pleasure to meet ya, (Name)."

"Pleasure to meet you too, Sett."

Sett released (Name)'s hand and then turned to Evelynn, staring at her for a second, and then putting his hands into his pockets to walk down the hall and around the corner.

"Your ex boyfriend is a dickhead..." (Name) replied, starting to walk towards the lunch room, subconsciously forgetting where his arm was. Evelynn didn't seem to in a hurry to let him know to remove it. So the two entered the cafeteria, gaining the eye of almost half the student body but nobody

"He is. But I was with him for a long while, our breakup was something awful for me." She explained, (Name) listened to her while he grabbed his food, nodding. "There was alot of yelling, hurtful words, he beat me up, the-," (Name) raised his hand for her to stop, Evelynn slowed to a stop with a raised eyebrow.

"He did what?" (Name) quietly uttered, his head slowly turning to look at Evelynn with an expression that she couldn't even read no matter how hard she tried.

"He beat me up? What? It's not like it was lasting damage, they all healed up-," she stopped talking as she caught (Name)'s stare. "You're not going to let this go, are you (Name)?" Together, they kept walking to the table that their friends sat at and sat down beside each other.