Chapter 5: Heart to Heart

Together, the duo drove through the streets of Aurelion Falls, bopping their heads to the music playing from the stereo. It had been quiet for awhile, not in a bad way though. A comfortable silence that the two seemed to enjoy until Evelynn cleared her throat, gaining (Name)'s attention from his phone.

"So, it's late out and you asked me out on a date. And you say you don't wanna fuck me~." Evelynn teased, making (Name) roll his eyes at her words.

"Where are we getting food?" The male questioned, glancing over at her, leaving Evelynn to hum to herself in thought.

"There's a number of places that are open at times such as this." She informed him, making (Name) raise an eyebrow at the statement.

"Do you happen to be out at night alot?" He asked Evelynn who didn't reply, though he did notice that her hands gripped the steering wheel tighter than before. Deciding that he wouldn't pry into her personal life, (Name) fell silent again.

The two drove for a bit more, until they pulled into the parking lot of a small rectangular shaped restaurant. "Damn, why didn't I think of coming here?" (Name) muttered, hand on his hip as he took in the surrounding area. They were clearly in a mix of a bad area and the middle of bum fuck nowhere, so this was defintely their best option at a time like this.

The flickering lights, the missing "A" in the business name, yup, he'd been to a few of these.

"Ah! Waffle House! The crown jewel of civilization!" Stated Evelynn, throwing her arms up to present the place to (Name) who nodded.

"Been a minute. Let's go, I'm fucking hungry." The male replied, Evelynn nodding in agreement with him, both of them entering after (Name) held the door for her.

"Well well, if it isn't Evelynn de Gaulle! How've you been, Missy?" The cook asked her, making Evelynn wave, jogging over to the counter.

"I've been great, Don. What about you and Macy? How's the little tater tot?" The platinum haired demoness asked, causing the man to laugh.

"Just took her first steps yesterday! Just like her mother with no sense of direction!" The large man laughed, getting Evelynn to smile at this statement. "She'll be fine, you'll guide her as she gets older. I'm sure she'll be great." The two conversed for a bit more, leaving (Name) to wander off into a corner of the restaurant to sit down.

Eventually, Evelynn came and sat down with him, straightening her dress before she sat in the chair. "(Name)?" She called, gaining his attention from the window.

"Yeah?"

"I've never asked but what are your plans for the future? Like after highschool?" Evelynn asked, letting (Name) give a shrug of response.

"Never been a planning guy. My life consists of things that happen because I stand by and let things happen for me. I play a supporting role in my own story." (Name) explained to her, chuckling a bit to himself. "It's pathetic, honestly..."

Evelynn blinked at the statement, wondering how someone so assertive and can advocate for himself in just about any situation was so weak willed in his own life decisions.

"(Name). This is your last year in high school, darling. You need to have some slight idea or you'll end up wasting your life away on a couch in your parents house." Placing her hand on his, noting that he didn't remove his hand or make an effort to tell her to move it so she left it there.

"Yeah yeah, here comes the lecture that everyone gives me. About how I have to take control of my life and that I shouldn't let my life pass me by. Blah blah blah." The male waved his free hand dismissively and then rested his head against it, clearly having had this conversation many a time before Evelynn.