Chapter 4: Cold

The next morning arrived and (Name) was currently sat in the cafeteria, it was lunch time right around now so he sat with the rest of the girls at their table.

"Look, all I'm saying is that Goku is lame." (Name) held his hands up in a sort of surrendering manner but that's the last thing he would do on this topic. "I personally enjoy characters with intellectual depth instead of watching people fight all the time. Or yell for seven episodes for a fight that's supposed to be five minutes."

"You take that back!" Akali said, pointing her breadstick at him like a knife.

"I will not. Characters that embody what it truly means to be a deep character like Tanjiro or Deku are easily better. Dragon Ball shouldn't have as much hype as it does. It was entertaining when I was a kid but now it's just... bland, tried, and overall boring." The oldest (Last Name) sibling crossed his arms, shrugging his shoulders while he argued with Akali.

"Are you two gonna sit here and argue about anime all lunch?" Qiyana questioned, leaning against her hand and glancing between the siblings.

"Yes." Came their simultaneous answer.

"Back to what I was saying, characters with real limitations, motivations, and personalities are better than characters who can blow up planets and are really into fighting are easily the best type of characters. Ichigo, Naruto, Deku, Asta, Lelouch, Tanjiro, Yusuke, Akira, Saitama, hell even slice of life and sports characters are better with how much personality they have. Futarou, any of the Quintuplets except Ichika, Kageyama, Isagi, Bachira, Hinata, Jun, Tomo, Misuzu, Carol." (Name) ran through the list and the rest of the table was silent, all staring at him with incredulous expressions.

"Sorry." He apologized, sitting back down after realizing that he'd stood up a bit when he was listing.

"Man, you really should take like... Public Speaking or join the Debate Club..." Vi told him but (Name) waved his hand to dismiss such an idea.

"And be forced to talk when I can talk to you guys when I choose too? I'll pass."

"Your choice, just a suggestion." Vi replied with a shrug but (Name) nodded at her.

Kai'sa was facing one set of the doors while (Name) faced the other set, so she was the one to spot Evelynn's entrance to the cafeteria. She glanced at the back of (Name)'s head, causing him to turn over his shoulder to see who was burning a hole in his skull. He and Evelynn locked eyes, making them both give each other a mutual nod of a greeting. Evelynn grabbed a salad from the bar and then paid for it, leaving the cafeteriaWith that, he faced the others who all stared at him as if they were expecting him to do something.

"What?" He asked in confusion and then they all motioned for him to go after her, so he stood up, grabbing his bag, and then left the cafeteria with his food to find Evelynn. He searched closest areas of the interior area of the school but just when he was about to give up, he heard the slightest sound of someone's phone from an unused classroom.

Peeking his head in through the cracked door, Evelynn sat in the center row with her phone out while eating her salad. Opening the door quietly, she didn't seem to notice him enter the room. So when he stepped beside her, the platinum haired girl jumped up and almost slapped him if (Name) didn't automatically lean backwards from her swing.

She glared at him but he didn't return the gesture, he simply sat down beside her. Evelynn didn't say anything until she sat back down.

"Why're you in here? Aren't you happy enough having taken my only friends from me?" She growled at him but (Name) clasped his hands together over his food.

He opened his eyes once again and then pointed his gaze at Evelynn with a raised eyebrow. "I haven't taken your friends. They're worried about you so they sent me to check on you, especially Kai'Sa. She's the most worried about you with the other three in varying degrees, of course."