(6) Vren - REVISED

***Her Right Mistake is also available on Inkitt. You can check it out by clicking on the link on my profile. It would mean so much to me. 💕

Vren is usually great with first impressions

Vren is usually great with first impressions. If he hadn't been drunk, he would've impressed the hell out of the Audrey Danler—sweeping a woman off her feet is his strong suit, after all.

He never wanted to be on the wrong side of Audrey. That wouldn't have been the case had she been more accommodating. Or if Audrey hadn't left before he woke up,

In her defense, that's how wedding hookups work.

He never meant to blindside her. Her assistant kept dismissing him, so he had to turn to a few more resorts. Luckily, she's an old friend—yes, being a past fling makes her an old friend.

Willingly enough, she gave her appointment to him. Audrey wasn't thrilled by it though. It was pretty obvious.

The bottom line is he had to do what he had to do.

Vren drummed his fingers on the table and glance at the seat across from him. He was never early for a date. Hell, he was never this desperate for dinner with a woman.

He reached for his phone on the table and took note of the time. At 6:40, he plucked out a sigh and stared at the entrance. He runs his fingers through his tie.

Strangely, he was uneasy.

At 6:50, he spotted a familiar face. Plus, the cute rabbit-printed hair scarf stood out the most. Kylie's eyes made a quick sweep and stopped when she finally spotted him.

His brows knit in confusion.

Her brows did the same thing.

She made her way to him, a tablet tucked securely against her chest.

"You're here already?"

"Audrey isn't coming?"

They both paused for a moment.

Kylie regarded him with a smile that lit up her face. "Don't worry. I always show up to her meetings ten minutes before her. She's on her way. Besides she's already wrapped up her four o'clock."

The way she talked about Audrey's schedule made him think that he was just another one of her business meetings.

Kylie took out her stylus pen from her clutch and crossed something off the tablet's screen. She looked like she was preparing to take the minutes of the meeting.

He set his bruised ego aside and gestured at the waiter to add another chair. Well, this isn't going as planned.

Kylie took the chair and sat next to the one he reserved for Audrey. There was a bit of awkwardness, but neither of them wanted to acknowledge it.

She cleared her throat and set her tablet on the table. "I can tell this isn't what you expected."

"No, it's fine."