Ending (Part 2)

Before you continue, please know that this book still needs a lot of fact checking because pregnancy 101 is not something I am an expert of. This means that the author of this book needs to have more research about PREGNANCY and you'll probably be questioning some farfetched information in the book. Again, I did not make some thorough research. Please know that is the first draft and will undergo minimum to drastic editing once done with "fact checking."

NO NEED TO BE AN ALL-KNOWING BITCH ABOUT IT, PLEASE.

"Berry, nude or matte blue?"

Audrey squinted closer to her computer screen where Jessica was holding three nail polishes and Kathie was shifting in her enormous couch. "Nude."

Since two out of three has had hassles going to places, they resorted to video calls.

"Yeah, nude." Kathie nods, pausing to fluff a throw pillow.

"Boring. I think I'll choose matte blue." She glances briefly at them, then snort laughed.

Audrey shot her a glare. "What?"

"Nothing. My screen is ninety-five percent round bellies. Five percent faces of my best friends." She shakes the bottle, grinning at the screen.

"I'll kill you if you take a screenshot right now."

Jessica bellowed a laugh. "I'd like to see you try with that belly."

"Just wait until you get one of these bellies too," Kathie chimes in a sing song voice. She adjusted her phone, angling it to her face.

Their friend merely snorted and started painting her toenails.

Audrey would've given a skeptical eye-roll months ago. Now she just smiles because she knew however cynical she was back then, Vren came and made her believe she likes being spoiled and loved. Just then, Kathie's husband made another adorable cameo, giving her another pillow and a jar of pickles. He disappeared from camera shot but not after giving his wife a soft kiss on the head and telling her to call him if she needs anything.

"He's been checking on you every five minutes." Jessica wiggled her eyebrows.

Kathie shakes her head. "No, he's not."

"I timed it. You wanna bet on it? I'm betting my right boob."

Audrey holds up her hand to dismiss the conversation. "Let's not bet our boobs here."

"Where's your baby daddy?"

"Shower."

She made a screeching noise. "Ooh. You guys did—"

"I'm not even going to let you finish that."

"Audrey, did you tell him yet?" Kathie asks.

Jessica's green eyes glinted. "Yes. Did you?"

Her hand went to the pocket of her night robe where the sonogram picture was. She planned on surprising him. After weeks of blindly choosing baby names because she said she wanted the baby's gender to be a surprise, she gave up. Piles of books of all names from flowers to biblical are on his side of the nightstand and he meticulously reads them all night, then suggests a new name in the morning.

Baby boy.

They're going to have a little Vren.

"I'm telling him today." Her mouth threatened to split her face into two, but she let the goofy grin linger.

Kathie let out a delighted laugh. "I can't believe we're going to be mommies."

"Well, this sucks. Our friends stopped inviting me to their parties when they started pushing out live human beings, now my two best friends had to do the same," Jessica quips.