(7) Audrey - REVISED

***Her Right Mistake is also available on Inkitt. You can check it out by clicking on the link on my profile. It would mean so much to me. 💕

ONE MONTH LATER

ONE MONTH LATER

Audrey sank onto the cold tiled floor of her bathroom. She tried to grasp the truth indicated by the two lines on the pregnancy kit.

Even when her hands are shaking, she neatly placed the stick next to the five others on the floor.

She's forgotten about the possibility of it.

The entire month that she's been working, it never occurred to her that she would actually get pregnant. Or if she ever did think about it, she shoves it back to the back of her mind.

However, the truth lies before her in two heart-stopping lines.

For the first time in years, she doesn't know what to do.

Oh, God. She needs to tell her mom.

She tucked her knees up her chest and wrapped her arms around her legs. She took a few deep breaths to calm herself down—as her mother taught her. But her mind was racing, and she couldn't keep up.

She was close to forgetting that one fateful night. But, it was impossible because Vren Parkinson kept reminding him by sending her flowers every single day.

There was a commotion outside of the bathroom. She sighed, knowing that her backups were here.

"Audrey?" Jessica's voice inside her apartment.

"Bathroom," she called out.

Footsteps clattered toward her. The bathroom door opened and in came Jessica and Kathie. However, they hadn't moved an inch at the sight of pregnancy kits arranged neatly on the bathroom floor.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" Kathie was the first to recover from the shock. She rushed toward her, kicked her heels off, and knelt next to her.

Audrey gestured at the pregnancy kits.

She turns to them.

"Positive—all of them," Audrey hears herself say. She hesitated for a moment, then she pulled herself together and announced, "I'm pregnant."

There.

She said it.

An apple dropped onto the bathroom door and rolled toward the pregnancy kits, scattering them like bowling pins. Guess Jessica was eating an apple.

"You're pregnant?" Jessica echoed.

She nods.

"But how?" Jessica took off her shoes and dove onto the bathroom floor with them.

Audrey shot her a black look.

She raises her hand in surrender. "I mean, I know how babies are made—it's the most wonderful thing in the world. But with you, I'm guessing a sperm donor."