(44) Audrey

Before you continue, please know that this book still needs a lot of fact checking because pregnancy 101 is not something I am an expert of. This means that the author of this book needs to have more research about PREGNANCY and you'll probably be questioning some farfetched information in the book. Again, I did not make some thorough research. Please know that is the first draft and will undergo minimum to drastic editing once done with "fact checking."

NO NEED TO PREACH, PLEASE.

Hi, guys! The previous update reached 103 votes so I'm uploading as promised. Firstly, holy cow!My chapters never reached that much votes before. Secondly, Oh, my god! 103 readers want me to upload a new chapter. 

Now to my 103 AWESOME voters who eagerly made this chapter an early update, bask in the fruit of your awesomeness. ~~

One call. All it takes is one phone call. For Pete's sake just call. She's been staring at her phone all morning. She's been mustering all the courage she needed to make the call. Since when did a single phone call became her toughest obstacle?

Right. When she started mooning over Vren Parkinson without control over it. And that's why she's been wanting to call in the first place.

Audrey figured she needed the fresh air to clear her mind, so she sat in the front porch and breathed in some courage.

She's been so occupied she didn't pay attention to the car easing onto the driveway. Her head snapped to the direction of the driver's side where the car door just closed with a soft thud. Her hands clenched at the sight of a familiar face she's known by heart.

He hesitated when he sees her on the porch swing. Mistaking her lack of movement for something else other than pure surprise, he turns and reopens the door.

"Dad, it's okay." She bolted upright, stopping herself from rushing down the steps.

Her father reluctantly pushes the door close. "Sorry, I thought—"

"Dad."

He swallowed and makes it to the porch swing with hesitant steps. Audrey sunk back to her seat, her dad mimicking her. "How is she?"

"She's doing well." She rubbed her sweating hands on the skirt of her dress.

He nods. "Good." He was waiting for a snide remark from her – maybe a round two of her mindless accusations back in the hospital. He braces himself to take the blame, and when he heard nothing, he was about to get to his feet and leave.

Audrey couldn't afford to watch another obliging man in her life leave because she's told them to. She panicked when he stood up.

"Dad, please don't leave me." Her hand clasped around his wrist tightly, her heart squeezing.

His eyes softened. And then there was hope dwelling in the contours of his face. There was a tinge of anxiety that the hope might get wrecked yet again.

Daggers shot at her chest. She tried to take a hold of her wobbling bottom lip. But then it was too late. She bursts into tears.

God, she's emotional and fragile these days.

"Oh, honey." Her dad slumped back to her side and pulled her into his hug. "What's the matter, sweetie?"

Her arms circled around him. Her heart was aching excruciatingly but it felt nice having her dad to comfort her. Although this time the wound is way deeper than a skinned knee.

"Audrey, what's wrong?"

She sobbed through his shirt. "I miss Vren."

"Why? Did something happen?" He lightly pushes her and kept her in arm's length.