Next Book

Title

About Kylie

Blurb

Christian Parkinson's playboy lifestyle has taken an interesting turn when he met the sharp and witty Kylie Preston. She has something in her that other women lack – the guts to call him on his bullshit.

She's not the type he dates but Christian finds pleasure annoying the life out of her. It was obvious the feelings wasn't mutual. But he was still surprised to see her swoon over his goody-two shoes brother.

It would've been fine, really. Except it hurts his ego just a little.

Snippet/Excerpt

Kylie is even more irritated of him. He sends her flowers – no sign of recognition on her part. For months, she's been so good at avoiding him. Sometimes it is not even an innocent avoidance. It's a full-on snubbing which bruises his ego, just a touch. Strangely, the pull of the palpable brushoffs are not away. It's onward. To sweet Kylie.

He makes his efforts making an appearance wherever she is. It is the easy part because wherever Audrey went, Kylie goes. And Audrey happens to live under the same roof with his brother and their two month old baby.

His efforts are not completely in vain. Kylie can walk around in pretense that he doesn't exist, but there's still that flicker in her eyes. The sight of her holding back her temper is oddly satisfying on his part.

Christian drummed his fingers on his leg and regarded the couple on the sofa. Audrey is nuzzled to his brother's chest, his arm around her like a blanket. He reaches for the remote to mute the television since no one is paying attention to the movie anymore. They fell asleep not long after they put baby Miles to sleep. His brother dropped the baby monitor, his head collapsing to the headrest. They're exhausted – a little understatement, if he were to be blunt.

He picks up the baby monitor, pricking his ear up to the soft commotions in the kitchen where Kylie was. Slowly, he lifts himself off the couch. He loves visiting his nephew, but he likes it better when Kylie is coincidentally in the house after running errands.

He padded quietly to the kitchen and stops by the doorway, watching her put away some groceries. Kylie stands in her tiptoes to arrange the boxes on the top shelves. She moves around with ease and reaches for the end of the shelf, nearly falling over if she hasn't grabbed the edge of the counter because she appeared a few inches short.

She puffs irritably and cracked her neck, glaring up the shelf where the box of cereal should be. Her tiny frame is insufficient to reach the top shelf, all right. But it was more than enough to spark amusement. Christian leans on the doorframe. His lips quirked up at the adorable scene. He wanted to help her out, but he likes to see her try again.

Kylie props her palm on the counter, the cereal on the other hand. She slides to her tiptoes and tries to shove the box to the shelf. To no avail. One of her heels staggered from the lack of friction and she falls right to her perfectly adorable... butt.

She lets out a little squeal.

He had to stifle a laugh. "You need help?"

She yelped in surprise, her head snapping to his direction with a threat of a whiplash. "Jesus, do you always magically appear where you're not needed?"

"By the looks of it, I think I'm needed here."

Her cheeks flushed. She bolted upright, shooting him a withering look. "And you had to wait until I landed on my butt to help?" She snapped.

Christian chuckles, putting a finger over his lips and gestured to the living room. "The parents are napping."

Kylie plucked out a sigh and bite down her lip to keep a snide retort to herself. She plunked the box of cereal on the counter, her hand going behind to dust the skirt of her cherry-printed dress.

He was about to reach for the cereal but she steps away, taking the box out of his reach. "I don't need your help. You can lounge back on the couch."

Not a chance. "I like your ponytail."

Self-consciously, her fingers trace the red fabric. "It's a hair scarf." She looked like she was about to recite the types of hair accessories to him but thought better of it. She rubs the bridge of her nose, muttering something to herself. "It doesn't matter."

"Well, it looks good on you." He smiled.

Kylie's face falls flat, definitely not a sign of pleasure to his compliment. Which he finds interesting. The first woman who never signaled an interest in a conversation with him. Or satisfaction in his attention.

It was the other way around.

"Leave me alone." She shuffled to the other side of the kitchen opposite him.

"Give me one good reason." He leans against the counter, one foot tucked behind his ankle.

She snorted. "I have dozens, but, okay." She plastered a sweet smile and cross her arms over her chest. "You're a frustrating human being."

"That's not good enough." He smirked.

Exasperation flashes past her eyes. "I'm dying and all my wishes should be fulfilled. Better?"

Christian laughs.

She rolls her eyes, turning to leave.

"Kylie."

"Stay away from me." She murmurs over her shoulder.

"Where are you going?"

"Anywhere but here." 

Hope I'm doing something right somehow. lol. Thanks for reading! Will upload this book really soon! LOVE YOU!

 Thanks for reading! Will upload this book really soon! LOVE YOU!