Chapter Thirty-Eight (Vic's POV)

I'm thinking maybe the 4th through the 16th

                                                                             Vic
Vic

"Hey...." There's too much on my mind to focus. I looked up at Mike who was sitting next me. "Another restless night?" He asked. I sighed and took a sip of my coffee.

"Yeah. I'm sorry guys. It's just been a lot. I'm really worried about Faith. I feel like it has to be something more than a stupid high school break up, but she won't talk to me or Danielle about anything." Jaime placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Why don't you take some time off?" He asked. "You've either been working or at the gym almost every day since she got out of the hospital 2 years ago. Vic...she beat cancer. Faith is a strong kid. Whatever it is, you should just trust her and know that, when she's ready, she will talk to you." I gave out a soft chuckle and wiped my face.

"Yeah...I guess you're right. Now that you mention it, I am pretty tired. I'll update you guys on my time back later. Just figure this tour out please." I said.

***************SKIP*************

I still couldn't sleep that night. I woke up and started putting my running shorts on. I just can't stop thinking of the possibilities. What if Jackson did something to her? Was it something that I did?

"Babe. Where are you going?" I turned around to see a very groggy Danielle sitting up in bed. I sat beside her and gave her a kiss. "It's 5:15 in the morning."

"I didn't mean to wake you. I'm just going on a run," I said. Danielle turned on her lamp and gave me a look. "No. Don't do that. I'm just worried about Faith and work is very stressful. She didn't go to the last tour. This next one is huge but I haven't told her where we are going yet."

"I understand. Just be safe on your run and try to get some rest when you get back. When the moment is right you do need to tell her about it. I love you," Danielle said, laying back down.

"I love you too..." I went downstairs to see Faith sitting in her reading nook in the living room. I stopped at the bottom step for a moment. Damnit Danielle! I didn't think that the moment was now. I took a deep breathe before walking up to her.

"Dad? I'm sorry. Did I wake you?" Faith asked as she turned to me. There were tears flowing from her eyes.

"No honey. Not at all. I just couldn't sleep. I was just going to go on a run, but I see that you need me here," I whispered. "I hate to do this now, but you haven't talked to me in a while......the tour this year....do you want to go?"

"Yeah. I think that it'd be a good idea...t-to get out of the house more," she said. She wiped her face and sat up. "Where are we going this year?" I chuckled nervously.

"Europe..." I said, softly. "You can change your mind." Faith shook her head.

"No. I should still go. Plus, what are the odds that I'll see Jackson?" She chuckled a bit which made me smile. "I'll be okay, dad. I am okay. Why don't you skip the run and we go get donuts?" I stood up and walked to the closet, grabbing a hoodie.

"You sold me. Let's go, kiddo."

***************AUTHOR'S NOTE***************
Thank you so much again for reading! Please like and leave me some feedback in the comments. I hope you liked the father daughter moment. See you in the next chapter! Love y'all!!!