We Must Find a Cure

/TW/ I guess you can call this a trigger warning seeing as the loss of a loved one can be a very sensitive topic for some people

/TW/ I guess you can call this a trigger warning seeing as the loss of a loved one can be a very sensitive topic for some people... It will continue next chapter also - Skylar

Sam's PoV

We all gathered in Cartman's living room, moments later. Cartman reached the foot of the stairs - watching all of us.

"What is this, a PTA meeting?" Cartman joked, seeing us all gathered in his living room.

Silence.

"Cartman... Kenny is in the hospital." I told him, i noticed a small glimpse of shock in his facial expressions.

"In the ...hospital? Why?" Cartman questioned. I opened my mouth but nothing came out...

"They told us he has a m-muscular disease. An and, that ...and that he, he might die." Kyle explained on my behalf.

"Die? Kenny?" Cartman's face showed nothing but sadness.

Stan looked up from the floor and stared at Kyle. "Don't you say that! Kenny's not gonna die!"

I felt my mouth quiver a little- struggling to keep it all together.

"I'm going to go take the kids to go see him at the hospital, Eric. We thought you might wanna come." Sheila informed Eric.

"Yeah. Yeah, of course. Let me get my coat..." Cartman whispered as he went back upstairs to get his coat.

***

Once we arrived at Hell's Pass Hospital, we went straight to Kenny's room to visit him.

"You sure you don't wanna take your jacket off; it's pretty warm." I heard a doctor say from the other side of the door, assuming he was talking about Kenny's favourite orange parka he never took off.

The door was slightly open so the voices from inside were easy to distinguish.

"(I'm all right)" I heard Kenny mumbled from under his hood.

"Hey, look who has some visitors." The nurse held the door to the room open for us, letting us all inside. Stan, Kyle, Cartman and I walked inside.

"Hmm, what a lucky little man. We'll be right outside if you need us, Kenny." The doctor said before leaving, closing the door behind them.

"Hey dude, how's it going?" Kyle tried starting conversation.

"(I'm okay, I guess.)" Kenny answered.

"We got you a present: it's a Gobo fighter." Cartman said softly, handing Kenny his present.

"Heh, don't, don't tell him what it is, dude." Kyle told him softly, causing me to smile. It was so nice when they were not arguing.

"Heh, sorry." Cartman replied to Kyle, not even bothering to call him names in front of Kenny. I truly admired him for it.